Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #196
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Any ETA on a new update?
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #197
o_dog

in order for updates to be released, bugreports needs to be filed. You all had all summer, and not alot of people bothered. Right now i'm busy IRL so updates will come when they come. Please file bug reports though.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #198
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

I was asking about ioFTPD not ioNINIJA
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #199
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm, I guess it has been a long time since I've released anything after things got pretty stable... I'm pretty busy over the next month or so but after that I'll get back to work, but I'm not sure on what. I started played around with a C# library early this year and toyed with the idea of a ioGUI replacement built on top of that, but I found some issues / missing features that it appeared Microsoft would be fixing with .NET 4.5 so I decided to wait to see how that would turn out. It came out Aug 15th and will be in win8, but annoyingly they decided not to support XP SP3. That's not a deal breaker, but I was hoping the final would include that even if the betas didn't. More annoying to me was the whole direction, or lack of it, MS is taking. Nobody has a flaming clue what is going to be further developed these days. What's the future of C# XAML, etc? I was hoping to hear some positive notes about what MS sees as the future, but so far they keep talking HTML5 and all this WinRT stuff but that doesn't really seem like a good fit for line-of-business type apps at the moment. I'd hate to develop a whole UI just to see the effort wasted in a few years.

The other reason I'd like a GUI is to handle some new features easier. The first version would just show users, etc, but eventually things like the task scheduler, bandwidth limiting (rule driven), user-flag definitions, host/FXP bans, etc would, in my mind, be handled much easier with a UI. I wasn't planning on dumping the .ini files though, the UI would just edit the config through the server which could write the .ini file back out.

The HUGE HUGE HUGE benefits a better ioGUI could make is pretty tempting reason to write one. You could for instance get all sorts of useful info out of the server in a pretty format (that's why I wanted XAML). But even better is the configuration help because ioGUI could apply some sanity checking to .ini settings which is needed and provided feedback on what rules apply where, etc. The whole .vfs editing thing would be much cleaner too.

Anyway, I was hoping for some new features and commitment from MS and didn't really get most of it. None of that stops me from releasing new ioFTPD versions though, and no reason I can't hold off on some of the bigger stuff and get all stuff I've done already out there.

On the other hand, I really haven't seen many bug reports. I've obviously fixed a whole pile I've uncovered, but I'd really appreciate it if people would let me know what's broke.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #200
o_dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpo View Post
I was asking about ioFTPD not ioNINIJA
sorry, forgot i was suscribing to this thread. =)
Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #201
IUnknown
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Hmm, I guess it has been a long time since I've released anything after things got pretty stable... I'm pretty busy over the next month or so but after that I'll get back to work, but I'm not sure on what. I started played around with a C# library early this year and toyed with the idea of a ioGUI replacement built on top of that, but I found some issues / missing features that it appeared Microsoft would be fixing with .NET 4.5 so I decided to wait to see how that would turn out. It came out Aug 15th and will be in win8, but annoyingly they decided not to support XP SP3. That's not a deal breaker, but I was hoping the final would include that even if the betas didn't. More annoying to me was the whole direction, or lack of it, MS is taking. Nobody has a flaming clue what is going to be further developed these days. What's the future of C# XAML, etc? I was hoping to hear some positive notes about what MS sees as the future, but so far they keep talking HTML5 and all this WinRT stuff but that doesn't really seem like a good fit for line-of-business type apps at the moment. I'd hate to develop a whole UI just to see the effort wasted in a few years.

The other reason I'd like a GUI is to handle some new features easier. The first version would just show users, etc, but eventually things like the task scheduler, bandwidth limiting (rule driven), user-flag definitions, host/FXP bans, etc would, in my mind, be handled much easier with a UI. I wasn't planning on dumping the .ini files though, the UI would just edit the config through the server which could write the .ini file back out.

The HUGE HUGE HUGE benefits a better ioGUI could make is pretty tempting reason to write one. You could for instance get all sorts of useful info out of the server in a pretty format (that's why I wanted XAML). But even better is the configuration help because ioGUI could apply some sanity checking to .ini settings which is needed and provided feedback on what rules apply where, etc. The whole .vfs editing thing would be much cleaner too.

Anyway, I was hoping for some new features and commitment from MS and didn't really get most of it. None of that stops me from releasing new ioFTPD versions though, and no reason I can't hold off on some of the bigger stuff and get all stuff I've done already out there.

On the other hand, I really haven't seen many bug reports. I've obviously fixed a whole pile I've uncovered, but I'd really appreciate it if people would let me know what's broke.
Many people jumped on the conclusion that .NET will be somehow dropped in favor of WinRT coming, but the whole ecosystem .NET & WPF won't go away soon. .NET will still be there for Desktop applications, so I would not mind about this whole RT thing and just continue the effort in .NET.
IUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #202
zag2me

Nice new ioGUI would be cool

It looks like it was built in 1990 right now!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #203
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default ioGui2 not working

ioGui2 seems to have stopped working...could this be fixed somehow please?

---------------------------
ioGui2
Run-time error '35613':

ImageList must be initialized before it can be used
OK
hennie1nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #204
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

hennie1nl: No idea on that runtime error for ioGui. I've never seen it or even heard of it... Any chance this is under win8 or something?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #205
hennie1nl
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thanks for the fast reply Yil.

It's under windows 7 ultimate sp1 64 bit.
I really hope it can be fixed.
Thanks again!
hennie1nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #206
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

hennie1nl: I think you have a problem with the .ocx files. Try re-registering the 2 .ocx files in the ioGUI directory and that should hopefully fix your problem. Here's the relevent portion of the README file.

Code:
8) You can use the very-old, but still working, ioGUI application to see who
   is online and modify user accounts with a simple GUI.  It can be found
   under ioFTPD\ioGUI\ioGui2.exe.  Under Vista and later operating systems
   you'll probably have to register the old visual basic .ocx files or else
   you will get an error like:
     "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly
   To fix this you need to open up an administrator command prompt.  Right
   click on
     start menu->all programs->accessories->command prompt
   and then choose "run as administrator" and click yes if it prompts you.
   Then perform the following commands:
     cd \ioFTPD\ioGUI (or wherever you installed it)
     regsvr32 MSWINSCK.OCX
     regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
   You should get a popup window indicating success after each regsvr32 cmd.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #207
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
hennie1nl: I think you have a problem with the .ocx files. Try re-registering the 2 .ocx files in the ioGUI directory and that should hopefully fix your problem. Here's the relevent portion of the README file.

Code:
8) You can use the very-old, but still working, ioGUI application to see who
   is online and modify user accounts with a simple GUI.  It can be found
   under ioFTPD\ioGUI\ioGui2.exe.  Under Vista and later operating systems
   you'll probably have to register the old visual basic .ocx files or else
   you will get an error like:
     "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly
   To fix this you need to open up an administrator command prompt.  Right
   click on
     start menu->all programs->accessories->command prompt
   and then choose "run as administrator" and click yes if it prompts you.
   Then perform the following commands:
     cd \ioFTPD\ioGUI (or wherever you installed it)
     regsvr32 MSWINSCK.OCX
     regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
   You should get a popup window indicating success after each regsvr32 cmd.
If u open ioGUI2 it will not open cause it says u missing some files, fix is this!

Easier method is Right click on ioGUI2, Click Properties, Click Compatibility tab
check Run this Program as an administrator, click apply then OK!

run ioGUI2 then close it and Right click again on ioGUI2, Click Properties, Click Compatibility tab
uncheck Run this Program as an administrator, click apply then OK!

From here on out it will work fine!

Yil anyway i could get the flashFXP ioFTPD command set?

Its been couple of years since i got to play with ioFTPD and ioNiNJA
Yil is still friendly while o_dog still hard head and troublesome
Much respect to the both of you tough
any grips i had about ioFTPD was fixed and added plus much more
any grips i had about ioNiNJA i had trouble getting o_dog to add as
he always said it was useless but they all have been added so i happy
cause now i dont have to edit the script when new updates come out
i have a feature i want in ioNiNJA but i going to wait till my 3 12.7TB
raid setup is 100% completely up and running and then i will add to
the script and see if i could get o_dog to add it!
any bugs with ioFTPD ill let u know Yil but seems to work perfect thus far
PSA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #208
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

PSA9: I was working on a new one built around the new 'site user -- -+ -=' ability to add/remove/view matching users and then operate on them as a group with other commands but the final version wouldn't be ready to v8 (some of it's in v7.7 and you can use it now) so I decided to wait until then to release everything together.

Try this Zer0Racer version now:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioFTPD_fce_by_Zer0Racer.zip (17.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #209
o_dog

PSA9: Nice, insulting me is the way to go to get features added.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #210
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

o_dog: I have much respect for Yil and You cause without ioFTPD and ioNiNJA i would be without a windows solution that performes like SCENE FTP TOPSITES! I meant no disrespect from what i wrote! Its been a long time since i played with ioFTPD and ioNiNJA and i am very impressed! Features i asked for back then that u refused to add are now in the script! I seen others asking for features in recent post! Its good o_dog much respect!
PSA9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, code, directory, release, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: