Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #181
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

The short answer is there really isn't an easy way around the mess right now. Window's MAX_PATH (260 char) limit infects most paths in a LOT of applications including explorer itself! Using the \\?\ syntax, you can get 32K char limits for real paths using the windows API which allows for both long paths and unicode support. ioFTPD doesn't understand that syntax very well though... Long term there's some chance that this will be fixed as I re-wrote a portion of the directory cache code before yanking it and that would have partially addressed this issue. I still don't know about TCL support though.

On the other hand, ioFTPD VFS paths are limited to 512 characters so you can create virtual paths that are longer than real paths. The only reason I mention this is if you are having issues you might consider shortening/flattening your real paths. So if you have something like d:\Site\Games consider renaming that to d:\G instead. In the VFS you can still mount d:\Site as / but then add a d:\G as /Games entry so everything from the user's perspective looks the same but the real path is 10+ chars shorter. It's not a huge help, but every little bit...

Are you doing post-processing on uploads? Like auto-extracting or something which would make the problem worse?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #182
mr-b

No, I think TCL can understand it fine because rescan usually works fine after I download and move the files into the dir. It's only on upload (STOR) fails: No such file or directory. -- 261 total dir/filename length. Anyways thanks for your answer, I have no interest in using the VFS to solve this problem though.
mr-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #183
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
A quick update. I started playing with C# and WPF a bit around Christmas as I wanted to learn the language. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but I can see why people find it easy to use. Figuring I knew enough I decided to write the C# shared memory library for the scripters out there. Unfortunately I found out that there are a lot of subtle details C# just glosses over if you are only writing pure managed code... I think I've got a handle on things now as the library can make simple shared memory requests to the server, but I've still got to implement all the possible calls and do a lot of cleanup though. I'm also trying to make the API an interface so in the future you could connect to the server over an FTP login and perform the same operations which would allow remote administration. Something similar to how ioGUI offers you the option of how to communicate with the server now.

After the C# shared memory library exposes the current functionality I'll probably go ahead and implement a whole lot more functions and/or an entirely new interface under the covers to help catch it up to functionality that TCL currently has access to. I believe things like path resolving, querying the active mountfile, etc are all things that a script is likely to need to do and I think it's better to have the server do it than each scripter write their own routines to try and mimic the server, parse server config files, etc...
any news on this?
jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #184
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

jeza: I've been pretty busy lately, so not a lot of progress to report, but I'll see what I can do.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #185
Train

Yil,

I read some OpenSSL discussion in this thread. This might be of interest to you.

http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/f...il/086585.html
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #186
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Train: Thanks for the heads up. For the record, ioFTPD uses unmodified implementations of OpenSSL and thus you should be able to grab the latest version and upgrade it any time either by compiling it yourself or just snagging the DLLs from somewhere. Obviously I can't say that will always work but provided you don't try to use older versions the odds are good.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #187
o_dog

Yil: site read2 does not work?
and why does read return mode as 100755 100777 etc?

Last edited by o_dog; 06-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.
o_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #188
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

o_dog: Hmm, read2/write2 were something I was playing with implementing so you could get the uploaded time for a single file and I guess it made it into the the iTLC docs but never into the server as I can't find it in the code nor is it documented in the Changelog. Definitely a screw-up on my part. Right now I think you can only get uploaded time for all the entries in a directory via [resolve list] which is an INSANELY useful command since it uses the actual resolver / directory list code so it's identical to what a user would see in a directory listing.

[vfs read] should return 0777, 0755, etc, but doesn't in the released versions. It was an intentional idea to return extra info but you already convinced me that was a bad idea and I changed it back a while ago but there just hasn't been another release in a long time... Right now you'll have to mask it with 0777 like you would have to for [resolve list]. Some of the bits after 0777 indicate if [chattr 0-3] are set. Chattr 0 is for private/hidden dirs, 1 is ioFTPD symlink, 2/3 aren't currently used...

Code:
#define S_SYMBOLIC		020000
#define S_PRIVATE		010000

[resolve list] return these 4 chattr's for each entry anyway so it probably doesn't make any difference, but read2 (and 'read' but that caused more problems than I expected) was supposed to return these so you could see if you had an ioFTPD symlink, etc without having to test each dir all the time...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #189
crl2007
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi all,

I recently purchased a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router and I have somewhat of a hassle to configure ioFTPD to work with it. The router open ports only on demand, it doesn't keep'em open all the time. And because ioFTPD runs as a service, I can't connect. Until now I had a DIR-615 and it kept the ports I forwarded always open, so I had no issue. Thanks in advance for your responses. I have Win 7 x64.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #190
o_dog

crl2007: not an ioftpd problem. There are settings in your router that should forward the ports needed (all the time). If this is not present, then you just bought one of the worst routers i have ever heard of. Consult your router manual for (port forward, virtual server..etc)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #191
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

You try something like http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwar...-link-firmware? That seems to indicate you can forward ports so long as you locally assign your PC a static IP (i.e. 192.168.1.10). That's a very common requirement as most routers won't forward by name.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #192
crl2007
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm starting to think that the DHCP is to blame. I use a DHCP server and I have an automated IP adress (192.168.XXX.XXX). I'll stop DHCP and add a manual ip.

LE: The same story. ioFTPD is the only software that doesn't work. I forwarded the ports correctly, this is not my first router. But I don't think this is the main issue, because canyouseeme.org can't connect on my forwarded ports either. It can connect only on my utorrent port and that's because utorrent is already using it. If no application uses a specified port, the port isn't open. Or I don't know how to set this router.

Last edited by crl2007; 08-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #193
crl2007
FlashFXP Registered User

I tried Cerberus FTP Server Trial and it worked. Cerberus also works as a service. So the issue seems to be my skills in configuring ioFTPD to bind to localhost/local ip. If you could help me by pointing out what to do would be much appreciated. I see that Cerberus is binded to both localhost and local IP.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #194
crl2007
FlashFXP Registered User

Solved the initial issue: I binded the external ip 188.XXX.XXX.XXX to the local one 192.168.XXX.XXX and the ftp server accepts connections. Now I stumbled into another issue. I receive the following error when logging in to ioGUI.

3:28:16 wSock_Error() -> Connection is forcefully rejected (10061)
23:28:16 ----------- connection closed -----------
Old 08-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #195
crl2007
FlashFXP Registered User

nvm, double post.

LE: Solved everything. Thanks for your answers.

Last edited by crl2007; 08-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Tags
bug, code, directory, release, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: