Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
decoban

Red face Newbie onboard.

Hi guys.

im sure loads of you are bored with newbs like me asking silly questions all the time. but i rly rly wanna learn this. im no super geek or anything i simply have the interest in some areas of the computerworld.

I found i guided on how to get started from someone on forum and it's awesome.. thanks.. but the thing is.

i cant find anything about setting up a user. when i try to connect via lan with 102 it keeps telling me invalid password though im using the one applied to it.
as many of you still is laughing ill make a short waiting time.

so... im not even sure what my question is.. i believe there are one guy out there who wouldnt mind spending a few hours on chat to tell me about this from scratch.. ive been reading for weeks now without any results..
decoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
decoban

Oh forgot to mention the problem.

[R] 550 'SITE adduser': Access denied. though im connected as master
decoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I really don't think there is any way an 'M' flagged account can be denied access to site commands... Try a 'site myinfo' to see the details for the currently logged in user and verify the 'M' exists. It is true that the modification or creation of other 'M' flagged accounts can be denied unless connected via 127.0.0.1 as a security measure but you would get a different error message in that case.

The biggest suggestion I have it to look at the logs directory. Rejected logins will be explained in the error.log file. The most likely causes are a bad .vfs file entry for the root directory (/) or a bad hostmask.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Try configuring ioGui and use it instead. Thats if you not familiar with ftp site commands. What ftp client are you using? Thare are sites commands pack you can import to your ftp client if you wanna try using ftp sites commands.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yil, try clicking on my 'forum' [ioNINJA] msg footer.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
invalid, make, rly, short, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: