Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default User/group selection

I'm toying with an idea of how to make command line manipulation of users and perhaps groups easier. See if this makes sense or if anybody has a better idea...

Basically the idea is to have a new site command like 'site match' or 'site uglob' or something and have it accept existing user-glob patterns (! user*?[] =[.]group .FLAGS :[sec#]{><=}ratio +[.]admingroup). The command would simply return a list of matching users in a table using something like the output of the 'site users' command along with a count of matches. You could then add/subtract from this list of matching users via additional commands like 'site addmatch' or whatever.

The key here is that all OTHER site commands that accept a user-glob type argument would now allow "<>" or "<match>" or something that refers to the current list of matching users. This would allow you to issue multiple commands over and over affecting the same group of users easily...

At the moment I end up doing something like 'site users ...' see who matches, and keep refining the arguments until I get the set I want, then I issue the site change commands, etc. But it's a lot of cut/pasting and just seems silly and prone to error...

Anybody got a better idea and how useful would you think this is to you?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Personally I just set up a list of commands that I usually want to execute in FlashFXP custom commands so I can make several changes to the same user or group with just entering the username or groupname one time.

But the method you are suggesting seem more flexible. Could be useful if you are used to making alot of changes and want to pick certain users or groups.
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basically, command, idea, match, site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: