Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #196
Pjevser

I'm using v7.5.9

I only have 1 transfers going and not multiply transfers.

And yeah i dont see any .10 on forum, so where to get it?
Pjevser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #197
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjevser View Post
I'm using v7.5.9

I only have 1 transfers going and not multiply transfers.

And yeah i dont see any .10 on forum, so where to get it?
I gotto to admit i was lame too. I forgot the search function of this forum. Here, look at post #170

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/ioftpd...d-beta-12.html
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #198
Pjevser

Thx

I tried to change to .10 but still same thing, speed is slow and wont get up faster than max 1.30mb/s.

I tried changing the iothreads to 8 but that didnt help anything either (not sure if it's to much or to little?)

I also tried with SSL and without SSL, and speed stays where it is.

I can post my ioftpd.ini file if that will help anything?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #199
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Pjevser: Let's try a few things. Set 'Scheduler_Update_Speed = DISABLED' which should turn off bandwidth limiting entirely. This will also disable per-user up/down limiting as well, but let's just see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't do it then I think it's time to take a look at some network issues then I guess...

Grab an FTP client and see what kind of speeds it gets from/to the source. Try adjusting the data channel TCP buffer sizes in the client to like 4k, 16k, to 64k and see what speed differences you get. Larger should be faster provided you don't have network packets being dropped... You can find that out using a tool like "netstat -s" from a command prompt. If you get better speeds from a smaller buffer size then turn down the TCP send/recv buffer size in the .ini config file and see if that makes a difference.

Double check that you have proved you can get faster speeds from the same source to your machine but the speed varies only depending upon the FTP server on the same machine. At just 1.3mb/sec and without SSL there really shouldn't be a CPU, disk, etc issue and thus the most likely issue is the network and the only really obvious difference I can think of is the TCP buffer size. Unless your ISP is playing games with you and it's port based or something.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #200
chico2
ioFTPD Registered User

Here a strange issue...

Been running IOftpd for a good 2 weeks. Just did a windows update and rebooted the server. I launched the ioFTPD-Start.exe like i do every time. Now for some reason, i can't login with IOftpd username on the Gui and even tried my other login through ftp saying my passwords is incorrect.

i still see the users listed in users folders under the ioftpd folder.

help!
chico2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #201
Pjevser

At the moment the speed is kinda the same in my other client too.

But "Scheduler_Update_Speed" is allready set to DISABLED

I tried with my other ftp server (which is on same server) using Gene6 and could easily get speeds at 6-10mb/s and only 1.30mb/s with ioFTPD.

But right now the speed is slow in gene6 also i managed to get the speed up to around 3mb/s with flashfxp 4 RC2 build 1483.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #202
chico2
ioFTPD Registered User

Well can't seem to get it working even with a fresh install.... any application out there that i can import my users from one ioftpd to a new ioftpd install? Since the username files are 0,1,2,3,4,..etc i don't know which users is who.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #203
Pjevser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Well can't seem to get it working even with a fresh install.... any application out there that i can import my users from one ioftpd to a new ioftpd install? Since the username files are 0,1,2,3,4,..etc i don't know which users is who.
You can open the 0,1,2,3,4 files with notepad, but i dont think you can see what username they all use.

But back to my problem. I rebooted the PC and got the good speed back 6-10mb/s but now some hours later, its back at the crappy speed again (around 1.30mb/s).

Right now i'm trying to defrag my disk and will see if that will help anything.

Else any ideas i could try?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #204
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

try chkdsk x: /f - x being the drive in question
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #205
chico2
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjevser View Post
You can open the 0,1,2,3,4 files with notepad, but i dont think you can see what username they all use.

But back to my problem. I rebooted the PC and got the good speed back 6-10mb/s but now some hours later, its back at the crappy speed again (around 1.30mb/s).

Right now i'm trying to defrag my disk and will see if that will help anything.

Else any ideas i could try?
yeah, the only way i can figure out who is who is by their ip....pita. wish i knew wtf happened. No logs that i know of for checking for this weird error?

When i use SSL i'm capped at 1.3mb/s as well. once i connect using a non-ssl connection speed is around the 6-10mb/s range. What if you just use multi connections?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #206
chico2
ioFTPD Registered User

well i fixed my issue... the thing that was breaking the site was one of my mapped drives was not connected after reboot! haha. i also found out if you go into "etc" folder, you can find what 0,1,2,3,4...etc is for what user & group.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #207
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

chico2: Haven't been in front of a computer for a while, so I hope you figured out a solution...

Check logs/error.log and see what it reports as the reason you can't login...

My guess is the etc/UserIdTable file got corrupted since you can't login to 2 different usernames. If that file has issues you may still have the individual userfiles in /users you don't have the file that maps user-ids to names so you can't login... I have seen this happen before, but it's very very rare. One possible cause is ioFTPD corrupting memory and destroying the in-memory database so when it's written out the info is wrong. The other might actually be a windows filesystem race condition if the server looses power at just the wrong time or something which is possible if things don't shutdown correctly...

For the record, whenever a user is added or renamed the etc/UserIdTable file is recreated by writing the contents of the file to UserIdTable.new, flushing the buffers, and then renaming the new file to the old one. I really don't see how that should be able to fail under NTFS but I'm not ruling it out, but it's far more likely that the way ioFTPD does it isn't exactly right or something. This is commonly the way to handle small file atomic updates and, as a side note, I remember Linux's ext4 had an issue where such operations were broken when it first went live but nobody noticed for a while since it's rare.

As a side note: On the big TO-DO list is an entry to add the option of using transacted operations for some file operations if you are using Vista+. While the UserIdTable and GroupIdTable go out of their way with ".new" and renames the actual user, group, and all .ioFTPD files just overwrite the existing file contents and flush the buffers which can certainly lead to corrupted files if the server looses power. With Vista+ it might make sense to use transacted operations for at least the user/groupfile updates and maybe even the .ioFTPD operations if it turns out the overhead isn't high. I haven't tested it, just noted that it would be a nice option to test/benchmark...
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #208
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

LOL... I didn't realize there were more comments than after chico2's first one since I was at the end of a page... It sounds like your UserIdTable file was fine since that's where you found the userid->name mappings so glad you found a bad drive letter issue...

chico2: Make sure you try the 7.5.10 release if you see SSL versus non-SSL speed issues although if you have a really slow processor that can easily happen which is why I suggest verifying that you can't get much faster speeds via SSL using an FTP client using the same ciphers...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #209
chico2
ioFTPD Registered User

Yil,

hahah...thx for the post anyways I would of never thought a disconnected map drive would cause such a strange issue...i would of expect a blank home folder or something not "your password is incorrect". Either way took a few days and i figured it out ... and no worries you being a way...its good for ya to get away for a bit!

looks like it was in the error log..
02-11-2011 18:53:44 User 'chico' does not have access to root directory.
02-11-2011 18:54:47 VFS WARNING: file '..\etc\default.vfs', line #84 has a real path that is invalid (error = No such file or directory): "Z:\" /

I'm running 7.5.10 on Win2k3 w/ 2 x dual core Xeon 3GHz

this is what i have for my threads

Process_Priority = NORMAL
Io_Threads = 4 # Number of io threads (2)
Worker_Threads = 5 # Number of worker threads. (5)
Encryption_Threads = 4 # Number of encryption threads (1)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 AM   #210
Pjevser

It seems i cant make my ioftpd run normal. Still bad speed around 1.30mb/s, even through i can get 6-8mb/s with my other ftp server which is running Gene6 server.

I have tried pretty much anything, changing buffers, and other settings in .ini file. But still no luck.

If i do a reboot the speed will be normal but then after a few hours it drops and gets bad again.

Tags
command, fixed, link, openssl, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: