Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #76
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

exjoe: Timestamps on files/directories in Unix-style directory listings (which is what list/stat return) are of the format MonthName Day Time provided the item is under 6 months old, after that the format is MonthName Day Year. Your FTP client isn't handling things correctly as any Unix server will do the same thing. You could try using the -T argument via LIST -alT or STAT -alT which prints the time in a slightly different format that is the same no matter the age of the file to see if that helps. The upcoming v7.6 should allow you to "default" some list/stat options per session if your client doesn't allow you to specify them...

Regarding the mountpoints. Check logs/Error.log for error messages. During .vfs file processing the server will complain if it can't access mountpoints. You might see lines like "VFS WARNING: file '%s', line #%u has a real path that is invalid (error = %ws): %s" which indicates the directory doesn't exist or didn't have access...

Assuming that doesn't lead you to a solution make sure you try running the server as a regular process instead of a service. It seems mighty suspicious to me that you can see Dir2 but not Dir1 and both look like private user directories. Ditto for Dir6 but not Dir7 which could be different users. No explanation for why Dir5 but not Dir4 though... I'd also like to verify that these directories are "simple" dirs, i.e. they aren't NTFS junctions / mountpoints / etc...

Check perms via dir properties->security->advanced and check out the effect perms for your user account if what you see doesn't make sense...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #77
exjoe

Timestamps: I see, but the quirk here seems to be that there are two spaces between the Day and Year for the old items. I'm fairly certain this isn't an error in the client, but I'll see if I can generate some test cases and find out.

STAT -alT does produce the output the client expects, without the double-space before the year:
Code:
4:50:07 AM > stat -alT
4:50:08 AM 212-Status of .:
4:50:08 AM drwxr-xr-x   2 ioFTPD       ioftpd                0 Jun 23 02:24:15 2010 .
4:50:08 AM drwxr-xr-x  26 ioFTPD       ioftpd       14357552240 Jun 24 05:36:46 2010 Dir2
4:50:08 AM drwxr-xr-x  51 ioFTPD       ioftpd       10748424602 May 16 05:57:43 2010 Dir6
4:50:08 AM drwxr-xr-x  37 ioFTPD       ioftpd       7482858336 Jun 10 04:47:25 2010 Dir3
4:50:08 AM drwxr-xr-x 102 ioFTPD       ioftpd        386708274 Mar 01 06:20:32 2009 Dir5
4:50:08 AM 212 End of Status
Mountpoints: Nothing regarding VFS warnings, and I am indeed running this as a regular process. Dir1 and Dir2 are both user directories under the user running ioFTPD (User1), and Dir6 and Dir7 are both for the same user (User2) (the two users are from different OS environments).

All of these directories are simple, nothing is being accessed over the network, and as far as I know there aren't any junctions or anything out of the ordinary.

All users have read and execute access, and all administrators have full control over all 7 directories. I've tried running ioFTPD with administrative rights, and this doesn't solve the problem either.
exjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #78
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

exjoe: The "double" spaces you see are to align the time field so the two different formats take up the same width and are indeed valid there. If you google around a bit for examples of directory listings you can find many examples. GNU ls used by linux uses a newer format that any of these shown here now so you'll probably have to skip those examples...

I should mention that ioFTPD will not display directories marked as hidden or system. This is to prevent the server from displaying things like the recycle bin, system info dir, etc if someone ignores the warning about exporting drive letters. Normally these are shown grayed out if you look at them in explorer if you can even see them at all. That might be a reason why the server can see the directory and not complain about it being missing when parsing the .vfs file but not actually showing up later...

As a test, try renaming the d:\Dir4 dir not showing up to something else and create an empty d:\Dir4 dir. If that fixes things and it starts showing up then we can try to figure out what's special/different about the dir...

Just for the record, UTF8 filenames aren't supported so make sure it only has simple ascii chars in the path...
Old 06-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #79
exjoe

I see, it seems the client itself is not quite up to standards. I'll see what I can do to patch it up. Thanks for letting me know

One of the subdirectories in Dir4 had a non-ascii name, and upon moving that out of the folder, Dir4 is recognized. Upon noticing this, I went through Dir1 and Dir7, and moved all of the non-ascii folders out of those directories. This solved the problem.

What appears to happen is that if a folder has an immediate subfolder with any non-ascii characters, that folder is ignored (not mounted, no error reported) by the VFS subsystem. Subfolders of the root directories which in turn have subfolders with non-ascii characters do show up as folders, but do not have any contents.

I appreciate your assistance with this issue. I guess I should also put a vote in for Unicode support when the current wave of features have been stabilized. Maybe for 8.0.0? Thus far, I haven't had any of the other issues (lockup bug &c), but now as I start to use the new version more heavily, I'll report back if I do.

Thanks again,

exjoe
exjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #80
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I know I'm just asking for it... But, uh, things seem kinda quiet and I take that as a good thing

I'm busy working on v7.6 and it will have a few things I've already mentioned. A .ini definable method to allow users to toggle some user flags. I've provided 2 new user flag options. The first allows users to disable having the server show the .ioFTPD.message file when entering a directory for those who don't like that. It will always process the .ioFTPD.cwd file at the moment though. The second is really cool and allows you to enable a feature that updates you every 5 (.ini configurable) seconds how fast an FXP is going since there isn't any way to get that info...

The user flag feature has a real short description for all user flags so admins can see what everything means and eventually I'm looking at exploding the user flags into single words so when viewing a user account you could see something like: Master, SiteOp, Nuker, etc instead of just M1N.

I've also added a way to self impose an FXP max bandwidth for up/downloading which is actually kinda useful. An example would be FXP to an archive/backup and you don't want to consume all the bandwidth.

I'm toying with adding support for temporarily banning users. Not quite sure the best way to do that yet because I don't want to change any of the userfile fields but I think a couple of people would find this useful.

Also included will be the async notification changes to see if that increases stability some more. A slightly modified transfer speed calculation and possibly some changes to the virtual dir code to reduce the number of times the script is called, etc...
Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #81
pion

I have problems with users not syncing proper, but I'm not sure if that is related to nxmydb or io yet. But I haven't noticed it prior to 7.5.7.. In some cases, all users apperar to be gone, and noone can log in. Restarting the daemon solves the problem.
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #82
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hi yil, is thare like 'autosense' function to implement if i wanna use webbrowzer or windows explorer trying to connect to ioFTPD. Um, autosense allowing LAN webbrowzer and Windows Explorer connecting to it. In fact allowing all LAN connection to it. XBOX, Mediaplayer, lalalaa etc ... (so ioFTPD act as a media share center from the PC)

- using webbrowzer ftp://192.168.x.x:21
- mapping using windows explorer ftp://192.168.x.x:21
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #83
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

pion: Check your logfiles. I'm willing to bet it's the connection to the database.

Flow: I've used a web browser to access ioFTPD before. You can specify full account details like: ftp://[<user>[:<password>]@]<host>[:<port>]/<path>. That will allow you to login to any user you want provided the account doesn't have a hostmask with an ident because most of the time windows users won't respond to that.

You can also create the "anonymous" account, give it the A flag (which means ignore the password given and allow login), and run it on port 21 and then you can just use the ftp://<host> form if you want, or more likely ftp://<host>:<port> for a different port.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #84
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Cool, ioNAS
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #85
pion

io keeps on dying tho, but atleast it restarts proper now

06-16-2010 11:41:01 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-17-2010 18:36:40 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-18-2010 13:23:58 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-19-2010 02:30:49 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-19-2010 05:26:40 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-19-2010 16:45:52 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-25-2010 13:44:47 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
06-26-2010 21:36:00 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
07-01-2010 18:07:03 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
07-05-2010 13:04:38 Received deadlock signal from ioFTPD, killing it.
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #86
SRH99

Yil, thank you for all the work and amazing new features you put into ioFTPD!

ioFTPD just keeps getting better and better. I Have ioFTPD running on win7/64 with no errors or issues at all.

Is it possible to donate to show my appreciation?

Regards
SRH99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #87
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I can look into putting up a paypal link or something if you want to do that
Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #88
mr.babek
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Thumbs up

Yil,

Please do so, I want to send you a little gift too for all the work you have been putting into ioFTPD

MS Windows Storage Server 2012R2, ioFTPD 7.7.3, ioNinja, nxTools
mr.babek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #89
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default v7.5.9 Changelog

Code:
v7.5.9 Release Notes:

1) Files in \System:
   Changed : ioFTPD.[exe,pdb] - Version 7.5.9.0.

*** Bug Fixes:

2) Fixed a bug where IP addresses that can't be reverse resolved to a name
   could still be auto-banned even if listed as immune.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #90
mr.babek
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Thumbs up

Thanks alot for the MEGA fast fix!

MS Windows Storage Server 2012R2, ioFTPD 7.7.3, ioNinja, nxTools
mr.babek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
command, fixed, link, openssl, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread