Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
XenoBIT78

Smile Documentation

IoFTPd is a great server... but it seriosly lacks documentation... have never seen a open source project so poorly documented.. plz make a wiki or something
XenoBIT78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I agree! Oh wait...

You'll be happy to hear that every online command is currently being documented and accessible via the new help/site help commands. I expect to roll that work up into a set of new macros for Flash and Rush as well. Of course that only helps with interactive commands and not configuration. There is a HUGE range of possible configurations because ioFTPD is so flexible and documenting a number of common ones somewhere would be really useful. More useful in the long run would be a real GUI front end with some context specific help...

The only other goal I've mentioned that I've been working towards is reducing redundant script configuration. This isn't much of a problem for zipscripts who work at the directory level, but all the site scripts, and perhaps their bots as well, require duplicating filesystem paths, etc. I really want to get everything to just query the server to get at that info so you only have to update the .vfs files, sections in the .ini, etc...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
o_dog

thats not a good idea, it removes one of the core functions of ioFTPD, customization. Not everyone want the same sections and names etc for the diffrent scripts. There just isn't any point in adding that function to the ftpd.

Then again we seem to disagree alot on what is needed in a ftpd server. A gui for example seems to be a wonderful waste of time and a gret way to remove even more of the customization.

Updating the wiki seems like a good idea though.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
syhr816

i thank you sould update now!
syhr816 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
documentation, documented, poorly, project, source

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: