Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
inetz

Default Users cant upload am i missing something?

Ok i have added users, for example

SITE ADDUSER <username> <password> <ident@hostname>

i have set all dirs to CHMOD 777

is there something else im overlooking?
i do aplogise if this is very basic but i cant seem to pin point it in the readme.
inetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

File level 'r' read and 'w' write permissions are necessary but not sufficient for most things. You must also have the appropriate action right in the [VFS] section of the .ini configuration file to upload, download, delete, rename, etc.

By default normal users (i.e. no '1VM' flags) can't really do much except perhaps into the /Incoming directory if you have created it. Decide what you want them to do and add the 3 flag or whatever default flag users get to the permission list. Upload, Resume, MakeDir, RemoveOwnDir, RenameOwn, DeleteOwn are good possibilities...

You can differentiate why a command is rejected. If it's a mode issue (rwx) you'll get "Permission denied (directory mode)" and if it's an action issue "Permission denied (config file)".
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Also, check out the default directory attributes under the [VFS] section as 755 might not be the best choice for directories you create that multiple people are going to upload to. In that case use 777 or something. Remember, the ability to delete other user's files and directories can still be denied by the [VFS] section. It sounds like you did that for existing directories which is probably fine as directories inherit their parent's permissions at the time of creation it will propagate downwards, but just thought I'd mention it.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
inetz

Hi Yil thank you for your reply.
under VFS i have the following, i thought this would mean any account could up/dn/del

Default_Directory_Attributes = 777 0:0
Default_File_Attributes = 777 0:0

-inetz
Old 12-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
inetz

edit:

i missed out reading the section below vfs my fault i believe i have corrected this issue now .

thank you again Yil.

Tags
aplogise, readme, rolleyes, upload, users

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: