Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #46
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

ok don't know if this is an error with ioFTPD or ioNINJA, i had this before in systemerror.log and i vaguely remember reading something about it.

Error converting string:

seems to be when i upload something, i also seem to have a debug.log file now which has

Created TCL Interpreter #1 (this goes from #1 to #5)

if these can be safely ignored its not an issue, just thought i would check
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #47
o_dog

next time try the search function before you post =)
Old 08-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #48
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm... The option "Debug_Tcl_Interpreters = TRUE" was supposed to be commented out in the released version. Obviously I enable this for testing, but when I copied over the new feature I forgot to disable it by default. Go ahead and disable it and that should remove the spam it sends to Debug.log.

I had also intended to disable the "Log_Exiting_Worker_Threads = TRUE" line but I'm not convinced this isn't something to leave enabled now. If you have like say 5 worker threads and 30 users it's possible you are probably creating/destroying lots of real threads and expensive TCL interpreters and suffering performance problems because of it. If that's the case some extra lines in the logfile probably aren't the worst thing to make you aware of the situation so you can tweak the setting a bit higher.

"Error converting string:" I've still never seen one of these myself... It's possible that I need to upgrade to v.8 of Ninja or something. What version are you running? You can ignore these, but clearly something isn't happy and it's probably my fault somewhere but I haven't been able to reproduce it.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #49
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_dog View Post
next time try the search function before you post =)
why would i need the nxtools fix if im not using any of his scripts? or is something in ioninja using it?

edit: just did a complete fresh install of ioftpd 7.0.1 and latest version of ioninja 8, and uploaded a few files and the Error converting string: msg no longer appears, and the debug.log is no longer there after i changed what you said and deleted it, must have been something left over from the update.

Last edited by ArtX; 08-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #50
plakjekaas

Yil, thanks very much for the updates ! running ioftpd for many years now and happy to see there is 'maintenance' again.
plakjekaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #51
Mave
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Ola everyone still alive yet?
More then a week no massages
Yil dont fall asleep .... stay awake and finish ioBILL :P

Last edited by Mave; 08-24-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #52
pion

Io 7.01 crash on dir cache - clean setup

08-31-2009 18:51:00 SSL: "Found certificate" "name=abcd" "Service=FTP_Service" "(Certificate_name)"
08-31-2009 18:51:00 START: "PID=220" "CmdLine="
08-31-2009 18:51:00 PRELOAD: "begin" "..\etc\default.vfs"
08-31-2009 18:51:00 PRELOAD: "points=1" "..\etc\default.vfs"

If I completely empty the default.vfs it starts...

"If you are experiencing crashes at startup try switching the Delay= setting and see if that makes a difference because the =True option is the one I used for testing most of the time since it seemed far more fragile with all the thread creation/synchronization/etc." does not help

i put DELAY = False but it just crashes later
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #53
monk-

it seams that THE lockup bug is gone
this is great, awsome work, i want to kiss u ;P

oke, i got arround the preload crashing problem by puting all preload paths in a seperate VFS=..\etc\sections.vfs

but now i cant run warchive anymore, io just crashes
warchive is the only autowipe/move tool arround, that always worked with io
i like u to look into this anoying problem
warchive will prolly works when i make a windows schedule
but thats not the proper way..
same goes for ioA newdate. i always used ioa for 0day dir creation,
but with io7 it crashes
and both tools are of the same creator,...

i also would really like a STABLE release now,
the lockup problem is gone now, now u can make a real STABLE
plz dont add new features for a while

luv ur work

later
monk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #54
Dahlia

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk- View Post
it seams that THE lockup bug is gone
this is great, awsome work, i want to kiss u ;P

oke, i got arround the preload crashing problem by puting all preload paths in a seperate VFS=..\etc\sections.vfs

but now i cant run warchive anymore, io just crashes
warchive is the only autowipe/move tool arround, that always worked with io
i like u to look into this anoying problem
warchive will prolly works when i make a windows schedule
but thats not the proper way..
same goes for ioA newdate. i always used ioa for 0day dir creation,
but with io7 it crashes
and both tools are of the same creator,...

i also would really like a STABLE release now,
the lockup problem is gone now, now u can make a real STABLE
plz dont add new features for a while

luv ur work

later
Yes warchive 2.0x keep crashing io7.x, use older version 1.4. And ioA is rly too old script so use nxtools 1.2.1 (or if you preffer old scripts, try NewDay.1.1.5.zip *not tested on 7.x, im using nxtools ;] ...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewDay.1.1.5.zip (7.2 KB, 11 views)
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #55
Sc0tTyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pion View Post
Io 7.01 crash on dir cache - clean setup

08-31-2009 18:51:00 SSL: "Found certificate" "name=abcd" "Service=FTP_Service" "(Certificate_name)"
08-31-2009 18:51:00 START: "PID=220" "CmdLine="
08-31-2009 18:51:00 PRELOAD: "begin" "..\etc\default.vfs"
08-31-2009 18:51:00 PRELOAD: "points=1" "..\etc\default.vfs"

If I completely empty the default.vfs it starts...

"If you are experiencing crashes at startup try switching the Delay= setting and see if that makes a difference because the =True option is the one I used for testing most of the time since it seemed far more fragile with all the thread creation/synchronization/etc." does not help

i put DELAY = False but it just crashes later
Same problem, fresh download, whenever i add a mount to the vfs default file it crashes. if i leave it empty except for the default root mount it loads fine. with DELAY false or true

I've been running 5.8.0 beta for yearsssss, but i'm sick of the sometimes corrupt files, so want to upgrade + do a new config i hope this can be fixed soon, i'm building a new server soon and i'd like to run 7.x on that box

( glad to see support/developing has been active again )
Sc0tTyXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #56
Dahlia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0tTyXL View Post
Same problem, fresh download, whenever i add a mount to the vfs default file it crashes. if i leave it empty except for the default root mount it loads fine. with DELAY false or true

I've been running 5.8.0 beta for yearsssss, but i'm sick of the sometimes corrupt files, so want to upgrade + do a new config i hope this can be fixed soon, i'm building a new server soon and i'd like to run 7.x on that box

( glad to see support/developing has been active again )
hmm. that issue with default.vfs is weird. but wtf ? make a new.vfs. i'm using different vfs for few members and i never used default.vfs for anything. leave default.vfs as it is make new and everything is alright!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #57
Sc0tTyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
hmm. that issue with default.vfs is weird. but wtf ? make a new.vfs. i'm using different vfs for few members and i never used default.vfs for anything. leave default.vfs as it is make new and everything is alright!
ill give it a try, but i dont think it will work

edit:

okay i added a siteops.vfs ,also set it as default and added it to my siteops group, then i also added this
[VFS_PreLoad]
1 = /tmp

and now it works, but imho isnt it strange that it wont load default.vfs and without that preload :/

Last edited by Sc0tTyXL; 09-28-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Sc0tTyXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #58
Dahlia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0tTyXL View Post
ill give it a try, but i dont think it will work

edit:

okay i added a siteops.vfs ,also set it as default and added it to my siteops group, then i also added this
[VFS_PreLoad]
1 = /tmp

and now it works, but imho isnt it strange that it wont load default.vfs and without that preload :/
mby its strange mby not. but since now i never heard about this trouble with default.vfs because i never used that vfs :-)

and in [VFS_PreLoad] i have another 'vfs'. VFS = ../etc/start.vfs with DELAY = TRUE and everything work like a charm.

P.S.
and LF active scripter ...need to add some options to nxtools and so on! :]
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #59
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hey folks, I got some time yesterday to work on the server and came up with a potential fix for the preloading problems. My single core non-hyper-threaded machine doesn't seem to trigger the problem (perhaps I need to upgrade!) but I found what I think is a race condition that could show up on better machines. This particular problem is entirely of my own making unlike the vast majority of pre-existing issues. My bad, I'll try to get the few things I started finished up and get a 7.1 out soon.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #60
paja1
ioFTPD Registered User

Hi,
i'm playing a bit with 7.0.1 on my DualCore P4@3.8Ghz (Windows Server 2003 sp2) and this version crashes quite a lot!
Yil, if you are interested i can send you all crachdumps i have with description what i'm doing and ehat sort of configuration i have. The only solution for me is rollback to version 6.x.

Even i like ioVirtual a lot.. but it crashed here very often.
I'm trying to generate whole virtual tree, like 3-4 levels deep and practically always it crashes on level 3, eg.: /INDEX/A/Auto/

Again i can provide you as much information as you may need.

Thanks you for your work and please don't give up!
paja1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
commands, fixed, memory, new/modified, tcl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: