Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
exitwin98

Default IOFTPD works poorly with IIS(or other socket server)

I have an IOFTPD work perfectly on my win2003. But if I enable the IIS web server, new connect to IOFTPD is always failed, logged as follows:

ERROR:> Timeout (60000 ms) occurred on receiving server response.

CPU:E2140 RAM:2GB
exitwin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

A whole heck of a lot more detail needed. ioFTPD works fine, you start IIS and it stops working? I blame IIS! You stop IIS and things work fine again? If those are the only actions you did (no rebooting in between, etc) then I'm a bit confused as to what would be going on. Firewall setup?

ioFTPD only has a problem with poorly written 3rd party dll libraries that try to track socket connections like netlimiter and nvidia's lame firewall/defender or whatever it's called. uTorrent has the same problems as well with those dll's so it's them, not us.

Other than that, perhaps IIS is consuming all the resources or something. Check the ioFTPD and IIS logs to see if errors are generated...

Also, what version are you using? The connection but no response is a classic lockup issue and from what I can tell seems to have diminished or been fixed in more recent versions of the server. Is this repeatable on demand?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
exitwin98

iis has no errors occured,but ioftpd has error like this "AsyncSelectProc: Invalid socket error"

This can easily be repeated if we start the iis and the iis has lots of connections.

version of ioftpd is 6.35 6.43

Last edited by exitwin98; 09-12-2008 at 09:18 PM.
exitwin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:37 AM   #4
o_dog

change to apache. Problem solved and you get a better server too.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Upgrade to 6.8

If you read the changelog, or perhaps it was just in the thread for that release, I added that "error" message to indicate situations where a race condition was happening. It's not a real error though. I believe the behavior in the code is absolutely correct according to the windows socket documentation, however it clearly seemed to not be happy and to lockup from time to time. I made a number of tweaks and I think I resolved the problem.

I think this is further proof that the windows socket library has problems. I presume all the socket overhead or cpu load of an active IIS server is making the race condition more likely...

Try 6.8 and see how it goes.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ftp, ioftpd, server, status, waiting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: