Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Muzikman20

Unhappy VFS issues and send/receive issues

I've recently changed from XP x64 to Vista x64. I had the send receieve error on XP x64. It would create the folders but wouldnt actually transfer any files. Would sit there and hang as shown below.

[R] STOR 00-**********************-2008.sfv
[L] RETR 00-**********************-2008.sfv
[L] 150 File status okay; about to open data connection from 05.
[L] 226- Checksum from transfer: 58a8a1c2
[L] 226 Transfer complete, 1.3KB in 0.0 seconds (0B/s)

I'm assuming I'm going to have that issue as well as the next issue on Vista x64.

Since upgrade to Vista x64 it doesnt seem to be triggering the default.vfs. I get ioFTPD up and running, log in fine but theres nothing there. Nothing I list in the default.vfs shows. Only stuff that will show is whatever I actually list (making a test folder) in the root (c:\ioFTPD\FTP-ROOT-DIR). I've tried many things but can not get it to show.

Any help with these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated. I really would like to stay with ioFTPD and not have to go elsewhere. I love ioFTPD. lol.

-Jay
Muzikman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I've seen plain (no scripts) versions of ioFTPD running just fine under Vista64. I have seen some odd behavior with some old .exe scripts though. Didn't track the problem down, but just see if the default install works.

Two other things. Make sure the firewall is happy, this is especially important under something like w2k8 which doesn't pop up a prompt for server apps by default. And make sure you don't try to connect via IPv6 addresses. ioFTPD doesn't like those...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Muzikman20

Smile working

I got it working, Thanks for the reply Yil. Had to go to 6.4.3, seems to work. There anywhere or anyway to get ioBanana updated and on site. Link is broken for the download. I'm running ioBanana v20 and its running very quirky. Only half the features seem to work. Thanks alot

-Jay
Muzikman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

My 2 cents: ioB2 hasn't been updated in a long time. Worse, it depends on ioA for several pieces of it's functionality and ioA is effectively dead. Right now I'd suggest nxTools + ioNinja is probably the way to go.

Spoiler: I've started writing a brand new script myself
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
My 2 cents: ioB2 hasn't been updated in a long time. Worse, it depends on ioA for several pieces of it's functionality and ioA is effectively dead. Right now I'd suggest nxTools + ioNinja is probably the way to go.

Spoiler: I've started writing a brand new script myself
Sweet! More details please... Can't wait to see it...
PopWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ioftpd, issues, vista, x64, [l]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: