Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
CoLt-[45]
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Private / Group .VFS

Hi, first of all - excuse my poor english

I'm trying to figure out a way how to make 1 private.vfs and have them point to it's own group path automatically.

I was thinking of something like that, but appears it doesn't work - any suggestion?

private.vfs
Code:
"C:\ioFTPD\ROOT"			/
"C:\ioFTPD\MAIN"			/MAIN
"C:\ioFTPD\PRIVATE\%[Group]"		/PRIVATE
I have created a group folder inside C:\ioFTPD\GROUPS but when I log on, I see only root and MAIN but not PRIVATE

Hope anyone can help.

TIA
CoLt-[45] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm pretty sure that the .vfs file is just treated as plain text. Thus you can't use cookies in it...

However you can duplicate the .vfs file, change the /PRIVATE path to the name of the group directory and set it as the GROUP's default .vfs file so anyone without an explicit .vfs setting in their userfile will use their primary group's setting. You could alternatively site change everyone in a group to use a particular .vfs file but that wouldn't affect newly created users in that group which is why the group default option exists. Just make sure to add admin.vfs or something to siteops if you intent to make siteops a member of those groups. That's beneficial anyway because you probably want to expose all the different private group dirs to them...

On the other hand I might have to explore the option of an "include" directive so a private group .vfs file wouldn't have to duplicate all the other settings... But processing cookies in the .vfs file is probably a non-starter because using them to resolve paths would require getting the cookies correct and that would be tricky.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
CoLt-[45]
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yea, thanks for the quick reply. Yea, I'm currently duplicating .vfs and change the group name inside the .vfs everytime and this is much more awkward for me everytime I add, del groups (del .vfs), etc...

I hope a script or similar will do the trick in later version but for the meantime, i'll just use the old ways

Thanks
CoLt-[45] is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
/private, created, group, private, private.vfs

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: