Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #16
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Doh! You remember that lockup bug? Well, I spoke too soon. On the 4 processor system it happened again. The "good" news is I found a pattern! Every single pure lockup dump (over 10 now) has been the result of I believe an ioFTPD timeout that forces the socket closed to cancel all the outstanding requests.

The interesting thing here is I don't see how this code can be executed twice since there is a test for that but it appears to be since the timeout return code means the timeout happened but the callstack is not from that call... What's tricky here, is this code is calling winsock library functions that should return errors. They are never supposed to lock up the entire process. So while ioFTPD may be callling them in some improper way, the "lockup" bug is actually a winsock bug. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Having found the common thread, and the timeout code forcing a closesocket, I've learned some stuff and I should be able to duplicate the problem locally now and thus be able to solve it.

I just want to get this thing stable so I can start breaking it with new features again

FYI: 6.4 will eventually fix this problem, and 6.5 will introduce changes to the userfile for some new options that might break old compiled scripts. TCL based scripts will likely work fine though. I might be able to offer some sort of compatibility mode and hide the new userfile fields or something, but no promises.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #17
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

I moved the posts about upcoming v6.5.x to a new thread.
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #18
monk-

is cap sensitivity still working on the vfs, cos i got ppl trading with /mp3/ while the sfv dir is /MP3/
monk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #19
monk-

i figured this is a new functionality
Quote:
9) ioFTPD is now case insensitive when dealing with mountpoints. File and
directory names were already case insensitive, but mountpoints weren't.
but can u plz make this optional, so i can make it work like gl again, and dont have to make the botscript work case insensitive
Old 05-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm, which botscript is giving you problems? Since every other component of the path is case insensitive it probably doesn't make sense to make just the mountpoints sensitive. Also, if it's reading the vfs file, it's probably one of those scripts I want to be aware of since I'm trying to find ways to support scripts without letting them see server config files by adding tcl or shared memory routines to cover these cases. If there isn't an easy way for me to fix the script or whatever I can probably add an option for you, but I'd rather not do that if possible.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
monk-

Arrow

i think its with any dszbot,
now im using an old version of the ported PZS-NG dszbot by o_dog (v0.32?)
and i temp fixed it by simply adding a small caps section:

Code:
# What sections are we announcing for?
set sections   "MP3 mp3"

# Set up paths for all the sections (wildcards).
set paths(MP3)          "/MP3/*"
set chanlist(MP3)          $spamchan

set paths(mp3)          "/mp3/*"
set chanlist(mp3)          $spamchan
and dszbot, and I think any other race announce botscript, uses the ioftpd.log file
and are all cap sensitive

Quote:
05-10-2008 04:36:11 RACE_AUDIO: /MP3/0510/Some_Mp3_Release-HERE/ racer1 iND {racer3 racer4 racer5} Some_Mp3_Release-HERE 279 04-blabla.mp3 >>unimportant log stuff
05-10-2008 04:36:24 RACE_AUDIO: /mp3/0510/Some_Mp3_Release-HERE/ racer2 iND {racer1 racer3 racer4 racer5} Some_Mp3_Release-HERE 212 02-blabla.mp3 >>unimportant log stuff
since racers are now able to race any case insensitive path, it also is being added with that path to the log

edit: oh, i forgot ioNINJA makes those log entries
and ninja uses the $pwd var

Last edited by monk-; 05-10-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

It's a long time Ã* i have been here so don't know if it was already mentioned.
Is there a way to get total disc space (site free) in ioFTPD?
Now i only get root space and i would like to see total space (C: \ D: \ E: \ F: etc )
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #23
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

The %[Free()] cookie takes real paths and gives the free space on that particular drive. The "site freespace" command is similar but reports the space based on a VFS path rather than a real one.

There are scripts out there that report drive letter and free space, or you could just build a file with things like Drive c = %[Free(c:\)] and create that as a new site command...

Tags
ioftpd-v6.4.0-src.zip, latest, source, version, works

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: