Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #181
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Good news: I'm going to go ahead and release a new version soon with a few bugfixes and some new features I've added. Nothing really fancy, but nevertheless useful.

Bad news: Haven't found the lockup bug, though I've got another dumpfile or two to look at, but not expecting anything new...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #182
thomas74

Sweet :-)

I tried the exact same setup(latest ioFTPD, nxTools and ioNinja) on Win XP, for some weeks and have not run into the crashbug yet.

I really hope this pesky bug will get fixed.

Thanks
thomas74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #183
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

OMG! There is a chance I might have found a solution to the lockup bug! I've got a report from the standalone version of app verifier (which I've never used before) from a remote machine along with a single stack trace showing an error. Because I'm not experienced in how this version of app verifier behaves I can't say anything for sure yet...

Using that info and trying to see how it could have gone wrong I've come up with 2 changes that might fix the problem I think is occurring and it's a race condition that exists in v5.x.x as well. There are no guarantees that this is the lockup bug at all, but it does involve a socket which all the dumps seem to indicate is involved in the problem so I'm hopeful!

Unfortunately I'm still trying to finish up the next release so it will be a bit before we can play with trying to prove this helps...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #184
l.d.m

WOW!! Great news!
Thanks for your hard work Yil
l.d.m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easier, hostmasks, make, problems, support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: