Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #76
rolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_dog View Post
you haven't installed the certificate or you have entered the wrong certificate name in ioftpd.ini
yes, i not install that certificate, but i not need the SSL connect.
rolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #77
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

rolan: that "error" is just notification that it can't find a certificate. If you aren't using SSL and thus never bothered to create a certificate (now available via "site makecert") just ignore the logfile message as it's just informational in your case.

PSA9: I haven't started working on it again, but check out the end of the 6.2 thread for some of my thoughts on the subject. I believe I have figured out a solution that does exactly what you expect. Files in a directory are never split, but it will starts new directories on a new disk if free space on the current one is below some threshold based on the VFS path. I.e. xvid may require 2 gig, but dvdr 5 gig. It also has a mechanism to specify which directories need to stick together. So CD1 will always be next to CD2, etc... The only piece I'm not sure of is how to handle deletions. I.e. you delete 1 directory and now free space exists on the first disk so should the next dir go onto the first disk, or the current disk. I see arguments both ways, so I'm guessing it will be another option... Or perhaps it can switch to the new drive, but a site command resets it to the original... I also need to handle the annoying case where 2 releases are OK when they start but consume the drive, and perhaps a way to punt a dir to another drive via a site command...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #78
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

hey yil
Iam having issues where ioftpd just locks up, it doesnt crash at all, restarting the service does not seem to help, I even had to change ports in order to make it run again. I had a look at netstat on windows and I noticed (after ioftpd locked up a second time) that the old port was still being used or it hadnt closed or what ever... at one point it did crash it seems... I have a crash log from a vista system if you wish to have a peak.

ioftpd latest
hukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 AM   #79
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

looked something like this, I edited a bit to hide ip / host

TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:51234 c-24:38f680 CLOSE_WAIT
TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:51234 c-25fg:42603 CLOSE_WAIT
TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:51234 c-d5:42607 CLOSE_WAIT
TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:51234 c-245:42609 CLOSE_WAIT
TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:53321 05-taa:20817 CLOSE_WAIT
TCP 85.xxx.xxx.xxx:53321 c-5:57029 CLOSE_WAIT

and it kept on going... the box aint behind a firewall or router of some sort.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #80
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

hukker: I think you are seeing two different problems. On a quad processor system I have seen many cases of ioFTPD locking up in a weird fashion I explained a while ago and have yet to really understand. Basically the process was sorta running, you could even login sometimes but it wouldn't show directory listings. Interestingly enough you couldn't even use "site crashnow" to force a crash. It was like an undead zombie! The only way to actually restart it was to kill the process outright in task manager. I simply can't figure out how the exception handler isn't being called so when I rewrote it for 6.3 I tried to not use any function I thought had a chance of trying to acquire the loader lock (my first thought) before printing out something to the crash logfile. I was hoping this would provide some more info...

Having said that using the service manager to try and restart the service stands a worse chance than a hardware exception does. So I'm not surprised that your efforts failed, although killing the process in the task manager first should allow the service to restart fine. I wasn't running the server as a service, but in all those lockups I had no trouble restarting the server. I think the original zombie process locked up and you never actually restarted it so the port was still held...

Of course I'm still no closer to figuring out what is going on to cause this than before so feel free to send me anything you can... I was really hoping 6.3 would fix this, but I've had it happen twice more so the problem is still there.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #81
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

hmm ok, sounds like a nasty one :\

Ive sent over a crashdump from a vista system and one from server 2003, the vista does contain the problem we just talked about. The other system, server 2003, Iam not sure if its the same issue or another but I guess you can check that out aswell. Server 2003 crashed once and that was it.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #82
Sabour
ioFTPD Foundation User

@Yil
will you release the 6.3.2 source code?
Sabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #83
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

noelek: Enable PMs from people. I can't reply to you The minidump you sent me is crashing during a shutdown event (site shutdown or computer shutting down) and will be tricky to fix since I've previously mentioned ioFTPD sorta crashes during shutdown because that's the way it was written. I'll see what I can do, but I'll add an option to suppress dump creation during shutdown events in case this becomes a wider problem...

I've got about 10 fixes for a new release that will be out in the next few days although I'm really trying to figure out the lockup issue and not making any real progress yet...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #84
pion

Default gadmin issues

site change admingroup doesn't show in syslog?
(neither does site take, or site give)
When excecuting the admingroup command, io returns modified, but not removed or added.

And there is no command to show what admingroups that's added?

Hard to tell if the setting is correct or not on a user then :P

Also:
If a user with privileges site wide add or purge a user within a group, the groupslots doesn't update. Neither if a user is given leech do from outside do the slots update. Only if gadmin of that group does it.

But the rest of the gadmin feature seems to be working smooth now! Go Yil!
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #85
pion

Is the next io going to support more than 256 characters in filename / dirname?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #86
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

thats a windows limitation
Old 12-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #87
pion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff View Post
thats a windows limitation

Why do you figure that?

I tested it... could rename files and folder with 300 chars just fine
Old 12-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #88
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Filenames: I believe it's like 260ish chars and that is a windows limitation for ordinary filenames. You can use a special filename suffix on I think windows 2k+ and later to indicate a unicode filename which can be up to 32k characters long so you're both right Windows explorer does it correctly, and some other apps that don't do it right appear to work with longer paths because they set the current working directory and then use only relative paths under 260 characters from there... The FTP with paths all over the place on different drives has to use full paths though.

The problem is I'm not sure how hard it would be to change over all places where a fixed width is used. The good news is the most common place is inside the path structure and it doesn't assume 260 chars. Inside ioFTPD itself the max VFS length is 512 so in some cases you can already fake things out by mounting top level physical dirs deep inside the VFS...

Full unicode filename support such as isteana wants is really hard with this codebase as I've pointed out in the past. However, longer filenames is much easier because the code would still be compiled using single byte characters and thus won't break things all over the place. I don't plan on doing anything about this problem right now though...

pion: site change admingroup doesn't create a logentry. I agree, seems like it should and I'll add one.

Viewing admingroups: I changed the default "site uinfo" somewhere around v6.2 when the default group for newly created users started using the first listed admingroup of the creator. If you haven't updated that file you might want to as it shows a list of all the admingroups in order for the user now... It's a bit tricky to get the order of the entries in the admingroup correct since you can only add/remove entries. Thus to get a newly added admingroup to the front you need to remove all existing entries and then add them back. Kinda sucks, but it's the same problem the normal group list has as well and the first entry there is important since new files/dirs get that group by default... ioGUI will also show groups and admingroups but there isn't a good way from the user editor to tell which are the first entries.

site take/give: Those are not internal ioFTPD commands, the script needs to create a log entry.

site adduser/deluser: These commands appear to update the group user and slot count correctly. Are you using these commands or a script to do it?

hukker, noelek, pion: I think all 3 of you are using nxmydb and the libsql libraries and seeing crashes pretty often. Since I'm not seeing that elsewhere and you all have it in common I suggest you try not using it for a couple of days and see if things are otherwise stable... It's probably a simple bug but at least we would know where to start to look.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #89
monk-

yil: about viewing groupadmins, oke, maybe when i update a text file with cookies, it shows the groupadmin the user is added to on site uinfo, but what i really want is just a list of all users that have which groupadmin(s) added, whithout careing in which order they are added (assuming a gadmin only is groupadmin of 1 grp)
with nxmydb i just look in the db to see a list of groupadmins (SELECT * FROM io_user_admins)
but theres no site command to view a list
like site users, site groupadmins?

ps: site users is missing a feat to show a list of users with a certain flag
viewing a group works, wildcard users works, but no flags

Last edited by monk-; 12-10-2007 at 12:12 PM.
monk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:25 AM   #90
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

yil: ok np, Ive disabled nxmydb, Ill let it run for a few days or something, see what happends... transfer some larger data aswell, see if it holds out.

Tags
easier, hostmasks, make, problems, support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: