Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
isteana

Default Yil, plz give me solution about utf-8

you said:
Unicode for files in ioFTPD is a long ways off. Just too many places that the code would need work to get it to handle 16 bit chars if the whole code base was compiled for wchar's and doing just parts of it would probably be worse...

TCL is entirely a different issue. It's possible that if you grab the lib/encoding directory from a standard tcl distribution that might solve some of your problems. I removed it from the 6.x releases since the 5.x releases didn't have it and people came to rely on exporting .NFO files with 8bit graphics which totally confused the utf-8 encodings... It seemed most people were happy with the old "broken" style as it kept script compatibility. You may find that replacing the encodings will work for your personal scripts using utf-8 though... If that helps let me know, and I'll see if I can add a new iputs option that operates in a raw style mode so you can also use 8bit graphics.

Yil: thx a lot.. so how can i make support utf-8 with NXTOOLS? i want it. because thats written by tcl..or give me example about any tcl how can make support utf-8
know me plz how to add that new input option for using utf-8.
isteana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Try the /encoding directory replacement. That should give you UTF-8 support in TCL itself. It still won't do anything for you with respect to ioFTPD though.

Basically this is a dead end as far as I'm concerned. Even with script support for UTF-8 which I think is easily done, you can't transfer any of those files because ioFTPD itself doesn't understand UTF-8. I think with a little time someone could get the code to compile with wchar support and you could convert incoming UTF-8 to UTF-16 (wchar's), but it would take weeks or months to find all the problems. Having looked at it again, I'd rather write my own FTP engine in C++ with string class support than try to upgrade the existing C code...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
files, option, releases, tcl, utf-8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: