Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #151
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I was reading the documentation and noticed something about site adduser...

ADDUSER
Adds a user to the same group as you are in.
Usage: SITE ADDUSER <user> <password> <ident@ip> [<ident@ip> .. ]
Example: site adduser zero mypass *@192.168.0.* *@127.0.0.1

It doesnt seem to add a user in the same group as my self when I tested, it adds the user to the NoGroup group. I know that you can use gadduser to add users to specific groups but Iam just wondering if its something wrong with it.

ioFTPD 6.0.4.0
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #152
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

hukker, it could be that the behaviour was changed in one of the later builds of 5.x.x. The documentation was originally written for 4.9.0 and then updated.

SITE ADDUSER command should add user to your group (or NoGroup if that indeed was changed). For me it added the new user to NoGroup.

/ZR
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #153
spirit

Hi
I get a problem with upping a single file it must be io problem but cant figure out whats wrong.
When im uploading a file i get error 426 Connection reset by peer:

[1] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for xxx.r45.
[2] RETR xxx.r45
[2] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for xxx.r45 (15000000 bytes).
[2] 426 Sendfile error: Connection reset by peer.
[1] ABOR
[i] Transfer Failed: xxx.r45
[i] Failed 1 file(s) and Skipped 0 file(s)
[i] Transfer queue complete
[1] 426 Connection closed: Your user class requires you to use secure connections.
[1] 226 ABOR command successful.

I use ioftpd6.0.4 + ioSFV1.54+nxTools1.05a+alcobot1.2.0

io.ini config:

Require_Encrypted_Auth = ! *
Require_Encrypted_Data = ! *

Host = 0.0.0.0
;Bind

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #154
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

ZeroRacer: thx for the info. I would really like to see that cmd do what the documentation sez, I know alot of gadmins do site adduser instead of site gadduser, this is prolly some glftpd behavior

spirit: try loosing the spaces.
Require_Encrypted_Auth = !*
Require_Encrypted_Data = !*
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #155
spirit

Thanks alot Hukker, that was the problem thanks again.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #156
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hello

Yil any hints on why the xferlog hide the ip feature isnt working as it should for me? Ive removed the comment ";" infront of line in ioFTPD.ini and its set to "True"
Hide_Xfer_Host = True

Does it depend on Some other setting in ioftpd.ini, cause it does happen that I remove some telnet configuration and some of the http stuff from the .ini file, just to make it a bit more easier to read. I doubt any of thoose has anything to do with the xferlog though.

ioFTPD 6.0.4.0

btw, did you read the former posts on the "site adduser" command? would be nice to have it work like the documentation sez

anyways, glad to have you here
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 AM   #157
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

No clue on why you are having issues with Hide_Xfer_Host. Try deleting the line with the one before and after as well and then cut and paste them from the original file in the zip. It's possible you got a weird character in there or a line termination issue and you can't see it. The option does appear to work though. It should be under the [FTP] section of the ini file.

site adduser - It doesn't inherit the creators group but drops all new users into groupid 1 which is the nogroup group. Interestingly enough I'm not sure this isn't a good thing because of the potential to goof up permissions...

I'll consider a few possibilities, but I think I'll add support for "site adduser username:groupname password IP-masks" so you can specify the group when creating a user. I'm not sure yet but perhaps I'll also change it to inherit the first group from the creator ONLY if it isn't the group used for Default_Directory_Attributes or Default_File_Attributes. That way a group admin user creates users in his/her group, but the ioFTPD master account doesn't accidentally create users in his group which could be bad...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #158
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

"site adduser username:groupname password IP-masks"
ioftpd has site gadduser ... for that
so i think its better to get first group user is in if its not "if it isn't the group used for Default_Directory_Attributes or..."
because many gadmins complain all the time why they cant use site adduser to add users into their own group
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #159
spirit

Hi its me again

Not sure if its the right section to post this here, but Ive given it a chance.

My config: io6.0.4+iosfv1.54+nxtools1.0.5a+alcobot1.0.2

Problem is with latest race/pre symlinks which worked perfectly on io5.8.5 but not on io6.0.4. I dont think its nxtools problem which supports that feature and not sure what info provide about the problem. Ive checked all the configs and they are fine. Actually it does create symlinks coz when i go to ioFTPD/site i can see the new symlink but when i connect to site it doesnt show that symlink. Something wrong with refreshing, hard to say. I used to use iorefresh with io5.8.5 and i also tried it with io6.0.4 but it doesnt help here. Also ive noticed disapearing sample folders when after site rescan they appear again. If u have exeprienced any of those problems and u maybe know how to solve them pls reply to my post. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #160
pion

Default modules

Is there any chance that we will see any more documentation on the ioftpd module system?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #161
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hey spirit, just want to make sure you are refreshing the directory listing in your FTP client. Does it only happen with symlink'd dirs? If you can reproduce the problem with some consistency could you try downgrading to io6.0.3? The .4 release changed the caching logic for performance reasons and I want to make sure I didn't introduce a new issue there. It's possible that external changes are being missed somehow. Also, is the No_SubDir_Size option being used?

jeza: I like the hybrid idea where the group is inherited but only if not the default, or course the user:group specification is now more useful if you don't want the user in your group. The :group part is of course optional so nothing existing breaks. I should have mentioned the optional part... I also think use the creation function should print some info back at you so you can see what it did so when used interactively you might spot something that isn't right.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #162
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

pion: If you can write an external module I suggest you grab the code off sourceforge and look at it. That's going to be more accurate than anything any of us might know about something that was never widely used. I don't have a copy of ioShareDB but someone mentioned it and I assume that's the buggy existing user module. I'd look at that too.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #163
pion

ioShareDb source is impossible to locate I'm afraid
Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #164
hukker
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yil thx for the info. Its fixed now, the issue was apperntly the removed settings or should I say Topics for each setting group
.ex

Code:
[Telnet_Service]

[HTTP_Service]

[Telnet]

[Http]

[Telnet_Binaries]

[Telnet_Binary_Permissions]

[Telnet_Command_Permissions]

[Http_Permissions]
Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #165
spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Hey spirit, just want to make sure you are refreshing the directory listing in your FTP client. Does it only happen with symlink'd dirs? If you can reproduce the problem with some consistency could you try downgrading to io6.0.3? The .4 release changed the caching logic for performance reasons and I want to make sure I didn't introduce a new issue there. It's possible that external changes are being missed somehow. Also, is the No_SubDir_Size option being used?
It also happens to dirs not only to symlinks. And yes ill try 6.0.3 are there many changes to downgrade to 6.0.3?
Closed Thread

Tags
fxp, ioftpd, recursive, test, v6.0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: