Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #166
hukker
Senior Member
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 165
Default

spirit;
Iam almost running the same setup as you, only diffrence is I use php_psio for zipscript, I havent noticed any of the things you claim happen. I usally dont use latest symlink race with nxtools but I did enable it to test, and it works just fine. No sample dissapering and the symlinks are there every time I connect.

No_SubDir_Size option is enabled

ioFTPD6.0.4.0 nxtoolsv1.0.5a php_psio.0.1.5 AlcoBot-v1.2.0.rar
hukker is offline  
Old 04-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #167
ArtX
Senior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 301
Default

2 crashes tonight - first time i have had that so here is the info

Unhandled exception 3221225477 at address 0x20b0b56b (0x00000000)
0x00000001 0x00000008
Unhandled exception 3221225477 at address 0x20b0b56b (0x00000000)
0x00000001 0x00000008

using ioftpd 6.0.4 iosfv 1.54 nxtools 1.05a

was transfering a few folders (about 2000) from one drive to the other (and if your wondering why i didnt just do a straight swap all folders had sfv so it was easy to check if they were all ok) when it would randomly crash, apart from that i wsnt doig anything else on the pc at the time
ArtX is offline  
Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #168
zOrP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 282
Default

spirit, im running the same setup as hukker. and i havent experienced any errors at all.

U should ask either tuff (iosfv) or neoxed (nxtools) for help on that one

ioFTPD.6.0.4 nxtools.1.0.5a php_psio.0.1.5 AlcoBot-v1.2.0
zOrP is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:59 AM   #169
jeza
Senior Member
ioFTPD Scripter
 
jeza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post

jeza: I like the hybrid idea where the group is inherited but only if not the default, or course the user:group specification is now more useful if you don't want the user in your group. The :group part is of course optional so nothing existing breaks. I should have mentioned the optional part... I also think use the creation function should print some info back at you so you can see what it did so when used interactively you might spot something that isn't right.
user:group is useful but there is allready a command to do that
site gadduser group user pass iplist
jeza is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 AM   #170
spirit
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Hi
Continuing my problem, still running io6.0.4 havent tried with 6.0.3 yet. Heres how it exactly works the "latest symlink" of nxtools for me. After i make a dir while connected to site nothing symlink doesnt show up but it has been actually created because when i go to path\ioFTPD\site its there. Now if i kill ioftpd process and start it again the latest symlink shows up :O For me its some problem of refreshing. The "No_SubDir_Sizing" is enabled maybe i should try with disabling it. Really weird problem. Thanks for Your help.
spirit is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #171
spirit
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit View Post
Hi
Continuing my problem, still running io6.0.4 havent tried with 6.0.3 yet. Heres how it exactly works the "latest symlink" of nxtools for me. After i make a dir while connected to site nothing symlink doesnt show up but it has been actually created because when i go to path\ioFTPD\site its there. Now if i kill ioftpd process and start it again the latest symlink shows up :O For me its some problem of refreshing. The "No_SubDir_Sizing" is enabled maybe i should try with disabling it. Really weird problem. Thanks for Your help.
About that samples disapearing, well ive just noticed that all dirs that are in dir diseapers which they physically exist on drive, they are: sample, progress bar dir, imdb bar dir. Now something odd, when those dirs arent seen, when i do site rescan they all appear :O , so its not only latest symlinks problem its something other because like ive just said also imdb and progress bar dirs are disapearing. It might be io or iosfv or nxtools :/
spirit is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #172
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

Hey spirit. Couple of quick things. The only difference between 6.0.4 and 6.0.3 in terms of functionality is the No_SubDir_Sizing option. Since you have that enabled there really is a lot of differences in how things are handled with regards to caching subdirectories. I'd definitely try 6.0.3 first to make sure the problem goes away. If it does, then find out if 6.0.4 with Sizing OFF also doesn't have a problem. Then turn it on and see if the problem returns.

In theory the entire caching logic depends on the directory timestamp. Can you confirm for me that the directory that contains the missing subdirs is having it's timestamp updated whenever something in the directory is modified? I recently saw a drive with errors where the timestamp wasn't being updated for some reason and ioFTPD was getting confused. That's an OS/drive issue though since that is clearly the wrong behavior.

IMDB, progress, etc are updated via external scripts. But is the Sample directory you are also noticing missing uploaded? If so, then that indicates a different place for me to look for a solution.

I'll take a look at the caching logic again in a few days, but for now 6.0.3 is my suggestion...


carpo: I have no clue what is loaded at those addresses but it isn't ioFTPD code. Could be system libraries or 3rd party modules that get loaded in...

I recently got my hands on 2 bad .ioFTPD files that crash ioFTPD v5 or v6. Using these to see how and why I was able to modify the logic so ioFTPD shouldn't crash even on really bad .ioFTPD files anymore.
Yil is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #173
sweetsour
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Hello!
First of all thank you for your fine work!
I was very happy to see FXP SSL in changelog, but later I found out that it's only SSCN. Glftpd (and I think some other FTPDs as well) only support CPSV for FXP SSL. Could you add it pretty please?
sweetsour is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #174
spirit
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Hey spirit. Couple of quick things. The only difference between 6.0.4 and 6.0.3 in terms of functionality is the No_SubDir_Sizing option. Since you have that enabled there really is a lot of differences in how things are handled with regards to caching subdirectories. I'd definitely try 6.0.3 first to make sure the problem goes away. If it does, then find out if 6.0.4 with Sizing OFF also doesn't have a problem. Then turn it on and see if the problem returns.

In theory the entire caching logic depends on the directory timestamp. Can you confirm for me that the directory that contains the missing subdirs is having it's timestamp updated whenever something in the directory is modified? I recently saw a drive with errors where the timestamp wasn't being updated for some reason and ioFTPD was getting confused. That's an OS/drive issue though since that is clearly the wrong behavior.

IMDB, progress, etc are updated via external scripts. But is the Sample directory you are also noticing missing uploaded? If so, then that indicates a different place for me to look for a solution.

I'll take a look at the caching logic again in a few days, but for now 6.0.3 is my suggestion...


carpo: I have no clue what is loaded at those addresses but it isn't ioFTPD code. Could be system libraries or 3rd party modules that get loaded in...

I recently got my hands on 2 bad .ioFTPD files that crash ioFTPD v5 or v6. Using these to see how and why I was able to modify the logic so ioFTPD shouldn't crash even on really bad .ioFTPD files anymore.
EHHHH Found the problem No_SubDir_Sizing must be disabled now it shows latest symlinks and i assume all the dirs thats been disapearing wont do that now, ufff. Case closed. Thanks for Your help Yil.
spirit is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #175
mag|c
Junior Member
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsour View Post
Hello!
First of all thank you for your fine work!
I was very happy to see FXP SSL in changelog, but later I found out that it's only SSCN. Glftpd (and I think some other FTPDs as well) only support CPSV for FXP SSL. Could you add it pretty please?
RaidenFTPD, Gene6 and GLFTPD all supports SSCN - it's correct that glftpd supports CPSV too tho. So it should work, I would believe?
mag|c is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #176
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

Uggh Spirit. The fact that turning the option off solved your problem is good news for YOU. Unfortunately that means I goofed somewhere (at least under some configurations) because it certainly shouldn't be doing what you saw...

sweetsour: Yea, I suppose I can add that command since the hard work was already done. For a really short term fix you can cheat and get it working right now though. Simply make sure "PROT P" is already enabled and enter "SSCN on" to enable client mode in ioFTPD and then just start sending stuff to glftpd normally. Basically "SSCN on" implies all connections should use client mode which is all CPSV does on an individual basis. In the reverse case of glftpd being the sender (i.e. your using CPSV to send from glftpd) you don't have to do anything with ioFTPD because server mode is the default...
Yil is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #177
Flow
Senior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 306
Default

Hi Yil
It is possible to add CPSV support to ioFTPD aslwell?
Flow is offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #178
sweetsour
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
sweetsour: Yea, I suppose I can add that command since the hard work was already done. For a really short term fix you can cheat and get it working right now though. Simply make sure "PROT P" is already enabled and enter "SSCN on" to enable client mode in ioFTPD and then just start sending stuff to glftpd normally.
Thanks, that workaround worked. It's good for the time being, but it'd be much appreciated if you added CPSV support too.
sweetsour is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 01:50 AM   #179
mr.babek
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 82
Default Ssl

Hi Yil,

I agree with sweetsour and flow, CPSV would be greatly appreciated.
BTW, will there be an ioFTPD with SSL "from the box" ? So enable SSL in the config, state a name for the certificate and io will handle it from there, maybe to be implemented in a new GUI, if someone has the guts to make a new one for io =)).

Keep up the great work!
mr.babek is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #180
hukker
Senior Member
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 165
Default

Hello.

I kinda tested ioftpd 6.0.4.0 on win2003, the server was running fine when all of a sudden I lost connection to the server, havent had time to look at the server yet but Iam wondering if you guys have experienced any server crashes on win2k3 running ioftpd?

Yil do you know if there is something that would maybe cause a crash, like some files interfearing with the OS it self...

I know its not alot of info to work on, ill try and see whats up with the box it self when I get some spare time... but for the mean time Iam just wondering
hukker is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fxp, ioftpd, recursive, test, v6.0

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)