Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Post info for Yil HERE!

Hi guys,

Rather than have 40 threads with various info, i decided the start 1 single thread.

This thread should contain bug reports and feature requests youd like to see in the version hes working on.

I`ll keep an eye on this thread, paraphrase/remove your post and add it to this main post

Here's what ive came up with so far:

BUGS TO FIX:

01) 4k .ioftpd bug
02) Empty line in Group/UserIDTable files crash io
03) SystemError.log can report the wrong info on errors
04) Year stamp can be missing/wrong on directory info
05) Update IP address on site config rehash
06) Fix SHMEM issues

FEATURE REQUESTS:

01) An option configurable from ioftpd.ini to hide ip/host info in xferlog
02) An option configurable from ioftpd.ini to ignore idle commands
03) SSL FXP
04) Allow more than 1024 users
05) A documented and working user module interface

Please try and keep this thread CLEAN!

Yil is invited to post any relevant info he feels fit, all other posts will be added to this one

tuff

Last edited by tuff; 03-15-2007 at 02:09 PM.
tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Progress

More success! I just got recursive directory listings working! It took a bit longer than I had hoped though. I ended up completely rewriting the listing code and that required a pretty large learning curve since I had to understand a big chunk of ioFTPD. My new version is significantly better in lots of ways though so it was worth it. It properly handles merged/raided directories and subdirectories. It fixes the issue I was having previously with list and []'s in file/dir names. It prints date/time info correctly and in new ways. I also made a few changes to improve overall performance when dealing with larger directories.

I've got it generating 20+ MB directory listings of entire drives now. Of course since Flash doesn't understand recursive directory listings and tries to sort that huge listing it consumes the CPU far more than ioFTPD did to create it. However, my site indexing scripts are gonna love this. Access to recursive listings is also controllable so you can limit which users can use it. Perhaps just give access to an index bot generates a listing and drops it in the root directory every hour or something. That's what I plan to do.

Everything else on my personal todo list looks trivial so it shouldn't be much longer now.

REQUEST FOR INFO/HELP

I've documented the default.vfs file with useful information, and commented the ioFTPD.ini file in some places as well, and even put together some info on .itcl commands (very raw) but for anybody looking at this for the first time it's still daunting and documentation overall sucks. Therefor, if anyone has words of wisdom or something written up about how various settings in ioFTPD.ini affected performance in the past, what NOT to do, or noticed interesting things, drop the info here so I can include it.

Example of stuff I learned. You probably figured out that mount points obscure a real directory (under the physical dir mounted as /) of the same name in the same place in the virtual filesystem. But if you also mount the real dir as a virtual dir essentially placing it on top of itself it's merged in with the others... I don't recommend doing that though!

Good idea creating a sticky thread Tuff and your bug/feature summaries! I however have no info on the "SystemError.log can report the wrong info on errors" bug. More info on that would be good.

I'm also looking for more info on people who use merged/raided directories. I think ioFTPD handles a number of things wrong, but I'm curious what other people think and would want tweaked. In particular I don't like the behavior of subdirectories. You can only upload to subdirectories of the last mount point listed. I'm proposing that IF a subdirectory doesn't exist in the last mountpoint listed but DOES exist in earlier ones, the first one found searching backwards is used for the file... Thus creating a new mount point at the end would start forcing NEW subdirectories to use the new location, but existing older dirs could still be uploaded to! Of course mounting the real directory again under a non-merged name elsewhere is the obvious and probably best answer, but there are times when explaining that to users is hard to do... Let me know what you think and what issues there might be. I'm guessing that some script somewhere will get confused, but since most just care about the REAL path, and if there is an issue in some configurations just disable uploading via ioFTPD.ini for the merged paths or perhaps another config option could be added.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #3
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

This is pretty random, and i cant recreate it at will myself, but from time to time, ioftpd will create your SystemError.log with info stating that for example iosfv returned an error, then go on to list the error, but the error it lists isnt any piece of script/variables used in iosfv
Old 03-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
c0d3.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff View Post

This is pretty random, and i cant recreate it at will myself, but from time to time, ioftpd will create your SystemError.log with info stating that for example iosfv returned an error, then go on to list the error, but the error it lists isnt any piece of script/variables used in iosfv
sounds like a memory leak? [ or malloc, cos i know for a fact in d1's pzs, he missed a \0 off allocating memory for the sfv, which is why everyone was getting extra/chopped/garbled infos in the sfvs (and maybe still do ;o) thus resulting in all those incomplete/missing bogus files complaints ],,,, just a thought,, happy hunting ;@

also if i remember rightly, it doesn't carriage return the end/start of the logs input, rather like when io wasn't truncating ioftpd.log entries > 256 chars, so output to log was missing final carriage return, resulting massive lines screwing up bots,,,

Last edited by c0d3.us; 03-24-2007 at 07:50 PM.
c0d3.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #5
ADDiCT
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Folders with attribute "+s" (System) are not showing. This has always worked before in ioFTPD 5.x
(I mark my folders with +s and desktop.ini to give them a sort of "status" icon)
ADDiCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Heya ADDiCT. It's in the original v6 ChangeLog. All system or hidden files/folders are not shown or accessible via ioFTPD. This is a safety measure.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #7
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hi Yil!
Whats is REST STREAM ??. would it do any good to implement that to ioFTPD ? Can you ? Or is just another RFC standard?.

You prolly wonder wth I ask for, cuz it is not much diff now between glFTPD and ioFTPD FEAT list.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

FTP, in theory, supports 3 modes of transfer: stream, block, and compressed. When you want to restart a file and you give it a position it only makes sense if you know which of the 3 transfer modes is being used. Thus REST STREAM indicates stream mode. Since ioFTPD doesn't use compression or support block mode all transfers are in stream mode and thus no need for the command

Tags
fxp, info, ioftpd.ini, post, thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: