Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default disappointed customer

http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12099

I just wanted to say thanks tuff for making this thread and that the rest of the scripters should do the same.

thanks,

disappointed customer
Old 11-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Eeh why? I still support ioftpd but then again I support more servers. ioftpd is still ok, I just wish they would have given me the code to alter. I would have improved it definitely.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

its been two years. u want to wait two more?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #4
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

I'm not waiting. As I said I just also support io since it is fairly easy. But I can imagine people get unhappy. The io community is slowing down and it does make sense that it happens. Gimme the source code
Old 11-06-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

think what a waste of time. io could have been the greatest ftp server ever if they had just put some more time and effort into it. imagine where it would be now if some other more dedicated company had taken over the project. waaaaste.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

I really can't stop wondering what ever happened to d1. It must have been hard to let go of a project this big considering the ammount of work he had put into the project..
Old 11-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

[Nov08 12:40] * Now talking in #ioftpd
[Nov08 12:40] * Topic is 'IniCom will make ioFTPD's source code available on SourceForge, where development will continue as a community effort.'
[Nov08 12:40] * Set by neoxed!neoxed@d204-191-188-169.abhsia.telus.net on Wed Nov 08 09:27:43
You have your wish FTPServerTools
Old 11-08-2006, 03:43 AM   #8
standatease
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Open source!

Does this mean I'm going to get a refund or do they get to keep all our cash?

I paid for the client and the server some time ago and while I havent posted much here I have been keeping an eye on things. From what I remember, I was sold a product that wasnt finnished, and it was not labeled as unfinnished. It's dissapointing to be missled in this way.
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [windows firewalll], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [AVG] or [ ] No
* Network [x] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 AM   #9
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by standatease
Open source!

I paid for the client and the server some time ago and while I havent posted much here I have been keeping an eye on things. From what I remember, I was sold a product that wasnt finnished, and it was not labeled as unfinnished. It's dissapointing to be missled in this way.
http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.ioftpd-home.php

"ioFTPD is currently in BETA development. Please visit our forums to follow development, ask questions, and contribute to the project."

Version number is also 0.x incase thats missed. It is very clearly labelled beta. Refunds highly unlikely.

If they officially confirm this (and the subject is from neoxed so I'm guessing they will) be glad thay've done something that will have put the project back into development.

Not really the time for complaining now, more a time for gratitude
Old 11-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #10
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Yess!! OPEN SOURCE, no way I am disappointed now. I didnt mind paying a few bucks for it. That means I will grab it the moment it is there and finally remove some annoying bugs.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 AM   #11
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

hooray!! at last, this is so awesome! *jumps up and down with joy* =)))
Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #12
Webkikr
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by standatease
Open source!

I agree.

I paid for a beta product that would end up as ioFTPd 1.0. Not for an open source project.

This is now 100% consumer fraud, and they know it.

I was just emailed this evening by a member from this board that the project went open source, and that no refunds were offered to people that have waited over 2 yrs for the final product. Instead we get royally screwed.

They could have at least offered a free license to FlashFXP or something like I had suggested in several non-returned emails to Jon.

I no longer even use the PayPal account that I paid for ioFTPd with, so a refund is not an option.

This is an absolutely disgusting result to this situation and I am not done with it.

Inicom has definitely not heard the last from me. Two god damn years of excuses and lies.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

i think i speak for 99% of the io community when i say...

SHUT UP
Old 11-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
Linkster
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webkikr
I agree.

I paid for a beta product that would end up as ioFTPd 1.0. Not for an open source project.

This is now 100% consumer fraud, and they know it.

I was just emailed this evening by a member from this board that the project went open source, and that no refunds were offered to people that have waited over 2 yrs for the final product. Instead we get royally screwed.

They could have at least offered a free license to FlashFXP or something like I had suggested in several non-returned emails to Jon.

I no longer even use the PayPal account that I paid for ioFTPd with, so a refund is not an option.

This is an absolutely disgusting result to this situation and I am not done with it.

Inicom has definitely not heard the last from me. Two god damn years of excuses and lies.
I'm sorry you feel this way Webkikr...but this is hardly consumer fraud. ioFTPD was always advertised as a BETA product, one that there was never even official support for. The "u" version was released to those who wanted to use it and test all the features, and an "r" version provided with a bit of extra functionality to those who wanted to help support development. Dark0ne created this model, and we kept it for the sake of the community. The price was intententionally kept low to get more people involved, while giving access to an FTP server with features that rivaled products costing considerably more.

We do appreciate everyone who has contributed to ioFTPD development, but ioFTPD has been our "loss leader" for a very long time. Rather than let it die, we decided to give it back to the community, where it really belongs.

I remember back in 1996 purchasing winamp 1.x ($10) and feeling very good about it because I got so much use out of it. I can't say I wasn't a little upset when AOL gave Justin millions of dollars, and released Winamp for free (hey, I paid for that!), but I got over it, and Winamp continues to be a strong force in the audio player market.

I know it is impossible to make everyone happy, but I think we've done the right thing for the community, and I think most will agree with my sentiments.

Again, thanks to everyone who has made ioFTPD what it is today.

-Link
Closed Thread

Tags
customer, disappointed, rest, scripters, thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: