Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
IniCom
Ultimate Scripter

Default ioFTPd Update/News

I'll let _Panic_ and NeoXed chime in on this post if they'd like to add anything but a summary note is probably in order.

*) ioFTPd 1.0 final is not around the corner (assuming you mean a couple weeks out). The statement to that affect on the website shall be removed since it was based on time-tables given by a developer no longer on the project.

*) _Panic_ is releasing betas every so often but given other projects he has not had much time to devote solely to ioFTPd. There are fun projects in the pipe that he's consumed with at the moment, none "around the corner" but still, in development.

*) To restate what may have been lost in another post, ioFTPD is still in active development and more resources are being put towards it. NeoXed, a long time supporter of ioFTPd and developer is going to be working on bug fixes and has laid out a nice roadmap for development.

*) Unlike before, the development environment is a bit more conducive to groups. Previously, ioFTPD was developed solely by D1 on a machine removed from our revision control systems. It has since been moved in an RCS development environment where multiple people can be given access to the tree and submit patches if we bring more people on.

*) The scripters pool has been fully automated so people can see where it stands and some other stats. Have a look at the following URL and you'll see this information in the top-right corner. We've been debating at what point we should pay that out and realized the question was best suited for you all. Tell us at what dollar amount / time span you would like to see this paid out and we'll do so. (ie. When it hits $1k? $2k? Every 3/6 months?)

ioFTPD Scripts Page

There is more to come later this week but I'll probably have _Panic_ or NeoXed chime in on the "more to come..." part. Thanks everyone for your continued patience and support..

-Jon L. Hill
President/COO
iniCom Networks Inc.

Last edited by Linkster; 06-21-2006 at 10:59 AM.
IniCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Having been a user of ioFTPD for several years, there are many things I would like to change. All I ask for is some patience and understanding. I just had a surgical operation on both my feet yesterday morning and I'm in tremendous pain. I spend most of my day lying on the couch with my feet up or crawling around like an infant ; I need a week or two until I can recover and start coding (since I don’t have a laptop).

There's been some talk of setting up a blog, where panic and myself will post as often as possible (easier than those weekly updates). I have written a fairly detailed roadmap, but I don’t know if I’m able to share it with you guys (I’ll have to check with IniCom). The main points are:
  • 0.5.x Series - Bug Fixes
    • Bug crunch, fix all known 'important' bugs before starting on new features
    • Test regression framework (quality control)
  • 0.6.x Series - Clean Up
    • Clean up ioFTPD
    • Single documentation source (FAQ, installation, configuration, scripting, etc.)
    • Disable HTTP/Telnet services until they can be addressed
    • Revamp shared memory/script/module interfaces
    • Unicode support
    • NT service support
    • 64bit binaries
  • 0.7.x Series – Features
    • All those long awaited complex features (SSL-FXP, cert-based auth, etc)

And for those of you following my nxMyDB project (MySQL database); it's mostly finished except for renaming or deleting groups/users. I need to fix a few things in ioFTPD's module interface (during the 0.6 series) before I can release it.

Last edited by neoxed; 06-30-2006 at 11:39 AM.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

sounds great neoxed, looks like the bestest roadmap ever! also ive been hearing some great stuff about your new db project. keep up the good work and hope u get well soon.
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #4
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yep, sounds great neoxed. But first let's hope your feet heal so you get rid of that pain of yours.
peep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corner, development, ioftpd, time, _panic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: