Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
Sash!

Default faster directory caching wanted

Hallo!

First I have a question how ti check the version of my ioftod? I looked through the .ini bud din't find and I use an old installation after my windows has been reinstalled. So it works perfectly.
My PC has 800 mhz CPU and 256 ram, but it works cool

Unfortunatelly the directories are too many in last weeks (over 3000 in a folder) and the browseing when there is no cache gets really slow. What can I do? Is there a way to improve the things? A friend told me that glftp has the oprion to remove counting the dirsize but such a script for the io I couldn't find. So, can u please help me ?
Sash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:14 AM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

The name of the file archive will tell you (ioFTPD-beta#-#-#r.zip).

Directory caching (currently) cannot be disabled. To speed things up, you can either rearrange the directory structure to space things out or purchase better hardware.

The use_dir_size option for glFTPD is used for calculating the size of directories; ioFTPD's directory cache does a lot more than just that. It also reads and caches modification/creation times, file sizes, user/group ownership, VFS permissions, and directory contexts (e.g. symlinks and hidden settings).
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
Sash!

Too bad Isn't there an option that saves the cache so that it is not needed to recache everytime it gets restarted? And makes the cache new after 3-4 days, maybe a week?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 AM   #4
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

No, there isn't. Not even anything remotely close.

Mainly because there is no guarantee that the saved cache is still relevant the next time ioFTPD is started. It's not a practical or reliable solution.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
Sash!

Hmm, and one more question - how can I forward an ammount of ports (maybe 1024-2048) ? I have 2 pcs, the one is a router and I want to forward the ports to the faster one, which is behind the router, to test the ftp that way
Old 04-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
Sash!

I tried through windows, but it can forward only single ports and not a whole range. is there an application?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #7
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash!
Hmm, and one more question - how can I forward an ammount of ports (maybe 1024-2048) ?
I have no idea, it's your network - not mine. Forwarding ports depends on whatever software that "router" PC is running (e.g. Windows ICS, FreeBSD/OpenBSD with pf, a firewall based platform like m0n0wall/pfSense). Find the manual/readme for whatever you're using and start reading.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #8
Sash!

It's set by the winxp - ICS i suppose, it is in the options tab of the IP settings. Should I test the others?

Tags
find, improve, slow, wanted, works

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: