Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default complaining about ioFTPD release schedule

ioFTPD 1.0 is late! darkone has disappeared again! the sky is falling! on noes!

remember the old days? doesn't it seem that things were so much better? you spent so much time testing new releases and debugging modules that there just wasn't any time left to hop on the forums and be all angsty.

this thread is reserved for any complaining you'd care to do about missed deadlines, slow release schedules, or unresponsive developers. basically, if you want to complain about things that can't be fixed, this is the place!

so sit back, reminisce, whine, get all emo! play games! try to guess when the next release will be, what features it will have! but please leave technical discussion for another thread. we don't want any of *that* getting in the way of all that water under the bridge...
Old 02-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
aktizol
FlashFXP Registered User

what the f***k are you doing with this ioFTPD --

when it will be ready???

arghhhhhhhhh!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
SnypeTEST
ioFTPD Scripter

v1.0 will be released yesterday. yay! can't wait!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktizol
what the f***k are you doing with this ioFTPD --

when it will be ready???

arghhhhhhhhh!
1.0 will be released tomorrow! this time seriously!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
aktizol
FlashFXP Registered User

i found in a warez site the ioFTPD v3.0 retail version!

features:
=========================
- SSL 7 / TLS 5.0
- SuperFXP to FXP with triple SSL 1024
- bug free (also with fix for the year 3k bug)
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

I work in a software company myself, and help devolope software. When i mentioned this here they all fell to the floor laughing. And i think this is how much of serious you can get here at inicom.

What can i say ROCK ON. And i think there maybe could be some software others than ioftpd in the future
Old 02-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
GrandMal
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Inicom, this is for you!

First of all i would like to clearly state that i´m in no way blaming panic for this. If he can get this fiasco of biblical proportions on the road again, he is a gift from God!

But Inicom......man, you must be the worst company ever. I remember back when you were blowing your own horn about acquiring the ioFTPD name and developer so that you could "secure the future development" of the software. Obviously you were way outta line, no foreseeing, no backup coder, no decent information to the paying customers what was going on.....DarkOne vanished into the fogs of whatever, and so did your responsibility to your paying (and very patient) customers.

We, the paying customers (i´m a Foundation License user myself) have had tremendous patience with you and your misleading information about the progress of the new version development. Harsh words, but i dont hesitate to use "lying right in our very faces" as a more correct description of your behavior.

I have my licensed copy of ioFTPD in some forgotten directory here. It is, in its present state, useless for me. I gladly coughed up the tiny registration fee for the software in true belief that updates and fixes would soon arrive and make it a competitive ftpd. At least it was the impression one got from your bragging about how "good" it was for ioFTPD to have such a distinguished and dedicated company backing it up. So wrong i was, and so wrong the rest of the paying dudes was.

I have given up hope a long time ago, i dont think there will be a 1.0 version before i die. I dont care about the money, it´s peanuts for me, but i do care about your negligence against those people that should be your first and major concern, the customers.

When i saw Inicom enter the ioFTPD project, i was shaking my head and said to myself "this is not going to be a good thing" and i am sorry to say that all my apprehensions was totally correct. Shame on you!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

I dont think its ever been a case of "lying right in our very faces", its just gross incompetence and total lack of organisation combined with an over-optimistic viewpoint and releasing information before they verify it.
There as never been any intention to mis-inform or mislead. Just the basic gross incompetence.
Lets just hope _panic_ takes on the d1 role (which he does seem to be doing) because iniCom are not capable of managing a project themselves.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
GrandMal
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo
I dont think its ever been a case of "lying right in our very faces", its just gross incompetence and total lack of organisation combined with an over-optimistic viewpoint and releasing information before they verify it.
There as never been any intention to mis-inform or mislead. Just the basic gross incompetence.
Lets just hope _panic_ takes on the d1 role (which he does seem to be doing) because iniCom are not capable of managing a project themselves.
Yes, maybe the words was a bit to harsh, as i said, but the outcome of Inicoms behavior in this matter is very similar to lying. They have constantly, since day 1, talked about the new version and how close it is to release date. They still do that.......go figure.....
Old 02-24-2006, 03:49 AM   #10
aktizol
FlashFXP Registered User

is it a two guy company or something?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #11
Mave
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

02-22-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _panic_
1.0 will be released tomorrow! this time seriously!

Where is it? did i mis something
Old 02-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #12
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave
Where is it? did i mis something
Yeah.
The technical term for that statment would be a "humorous aside" or to put it in laymans terms, a "joke"
Old 02-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #13
SnypeTEST
ioFTPD Scripter

I say.... lets make a webpage... GoGetSammy.com ... and then get some people to donate money so that one of us can fly to finland for like 3-4days to find d1.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:31 AM   #14
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

Well, if d1 still lives in the city mentioned in his profile, I've only got a 390km drive to go hunt him down. Have to look for someone wearing a hat and.. wearing a shirt saying "I used to write the code for ioFTPD" ?
But then again, my votes are now on panic. Got a good feeling about this guy, don't feel like wasting the 56€ of gallon on the roadtrip to go d1-hunting (knowing that I probably would end up in a bar somewhere in Kuopio, having to take a hotelroom for then night and triple the cost for the whole thing)
Old 04-16-2006, 06:47 AM   #15
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Seeing that images made me so far happy until i clicked it.

Isn’t this a bit misleading?
Closed Thread

Tags
complaining, release, things, thread, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: