Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #1
Webkikr
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default It only took 13 months to happen....

The scripters have finally been paid their pieces of the pie from the Foundation License fees, and I must say IniCom should be disgusted in themselves.

Scripters like Neo and Harm basically had to beg for the money that was collected from _customers_ specifically for _them_. These people worked hard, maintained support for their scripts, continued to support ioFTPd _and_ Inicom during the "transition" period, and got kicked in the face for it.

I paid money into that pool because I felt the people who make io what it is deserved some financial support and my respect. (trust me, the scripters and the support people MAKE io what it is) Then I see the parent company do what they did.

Linkster stated that "they dropped the ball" when really they dropped it and lost the damn thing for a year and made every excuse in the book to delay that money going to the rightful owners. Inicom lost more than me as a customer, they lost my respect.

Put up all the excuses you want about d1 leaving and how grateful everyone should be that Inicom ponied up the money. The fact is, they botched it.

Once my license expires (whenever that is) Inicom will not get a renewal from me. I have even delayed purchasing FlashFXP due to their handling of the situation, and since I can see how they treat their supporters, I would hate to see how they would treat me as a customer.

The scripters here are amazing people. Through it all, you have to know they are hard at work making everything right for 5.8.5r's release. (Or whatever the build number will be)

Kudos gentlemen.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
Uniter
ioFTPD Foundation User

I think the license is 'forever.'
I agree, however there may be some things we don't know about.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
Webkikr
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniter
I think the license is 'forever.'
I agree, however there may be some things we don't know about.
If there is stuff we don't know about, it has to be some country being invaded that stopped the electronic payments from going through.

The list of excuses was getting so long, George W. Bush Jr. wanted to hire the staff of Inicom as his new speech writing team.

It was beyond rediculous.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Please open a blog to share the rest of those very insightful thoughts, Bob.
www.blogger.com is a good start.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
Webkikr
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouton
Please open a blog to share the rest of those very insightful thoughts, Bob.
www.blogger.com is a good start.
I seriously hope you are kidding.

If this were any other project on the internet or a local business, it would be dead by now. ioFTPd is still alive because of the users and the scripters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Inicom has only given excuse after excuse why this or that hasn't been done.

And if you aren't kidding, then I just got my answer on how the "customer support" will be in the future.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #6
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm not the customer support, I'm "user and scripter" you say keeps io alive.
I'm in no way paid by iniCom, or in charge of anything for iniCom.
This forum, and the IRC channel, is run by volunteers like me, _tuff, neoxed, and everyone else who take their time to answer questions, requests, etc.
If you want to whine about iniCom, do it on your website / forum / irc channel / blog / whatever. Not on ours. We don't want / need those kind of comments in here.

If you want to talk to customer support, email support@inicom.net or phone them (the 1-800 number is somewhere on the website). They don't read this forum, or the IRC channel for that matter.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, inicom, money, people, support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: