Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default can ioftpd handle gbit lans ?

i have a gbit lan and have been messing about eith io - i have the server runing and the connection is showing as gbit but i never hit above 13meg - both pcs have sata drives in them - could this be an io limitation or a firewall issue ?
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
whiter

i've never personally tried ioFTPD with gbit lan/non-lan but i would assume it can. if it can't, which you make it seem by saying it maxes at 13mb/s (about 100mbit max) then apparently not. don't know...
whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Mr_X
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I was running ioftpd on gigabit lan and i still run it on gbit and it works fine. I get about 23Megs/sec and the max I got was 43Megs/sec (both computers have Maxtor 80Gb 2Mb Cache PATA and were connected with a Cross cable).
Maybe it's a firewall issue (depends on your network, you should give a little bit more informations about it).
You should also check:
- Using STP (Shielded)
- Packet loss (with ethereal for example)
- If your cables are ok (On 3Com/Marvell/Yukon Gigabit, there's an utility for that: VCT)
- Try with ioftpd 5.8.5r
- You're not using 100Mbit switch
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

there is no firewall on either pc now
they are linked direct with cat 6 cable (made by my brother who is data engineer and have been tested)
i am using 5.85r - might try 5.86r

just checked cable and it says utp - but i have also checked the store bought ready made cat6 cable and it too says utp on it.

will have to see if ican get my hands on some stp cable and see if that sorts it
Old 11-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
oslike

My brother is data engineer too who has a company selling cables to industry. He told me although the CAT6 specification is released and even cables are produced, there are no CAT6 pluggers yet. So those cabes are CAT5 anyway

Maybe you should try to tweak windows with Cable Nut ...

os
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
maX1mus
ioFTPD Foundation User

If you always end up with max at about 100Mbit it sounds like something as easy as your network-card (nic)
They can handle 1Gbit on both ?
maX1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

both are linksys gbit - did i bit of tweaking and am getting max 28meg/sec atm should do for now

oslike - your right was speaking with my bro about it he says you need special rj45s for them too and he cant get tem atm - well he can but the are bit dearer than normal ones and his boss dont order a lot of em so he cant half inch a few away for me

still 28 meg/sec is good enuff for me atm
Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
Mr_X
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslike
My brother is data engineer too who has a company selling cables to industry. He told me although the CAT6 specification is released and even cables are produced, there are no CAT6 pluggers yet. So those cabes are CAT5 anyway

Maybe you should try to tweak windows with Cable Nut ...

os
so why cat6 cable is bigger than cat5? it's CAT6 cable
CAT7 cable already exist but are very hard to find
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

been running a few tests with linux/glftpd i got about 30 meg with win32/ioftpd bout 26meg

so i know it looks like linux is better but - i d/l a few things to my xp box and it was slow bout 23meg/sec - i uninstalled za (and applyed a fix seeing as it fecks the winsock layer) and got 40 meg/sec

going to try ioftp/win32 again later as i have to re-install from img but it looks like its za that was bottle necking things

think i'll just run with the router on see if speed stays the same
Old 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #10
Wrez

i dont understand why ppl use 1compt to 1 comp 1 freaking connection !

use 10... and open 10 flashfxps :P

look at smartftps features and its free :P

it eats flashfxp im sorry im not tryin to tell u ppl that flashfxp is bad but smart ftp is a smartftp :P lol

seems like flashfxp live in their own world dont u ppl look at other ppls applications ?
Wrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
13meg, drives, gbit, pcs, sata

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: