Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

Unhappy Need help with [Sections] in ioFTPD.ini

Hi, i have a big problem, i havent been able to figure out how this thing works yet

From the documentation:

In ioFTPD 4.9.0+ you can also seperate credits and stats. This might be useful if you want your users to get credits as usual when they for example send files into your request dir, but at the same time stats will not be counted in that section (requests).

HTML Code:
[Sections]
## Maximum of 10 different credit sections ##
#
# <alias> = <credit section #> <path>
# <alias> = <credit section #> <stats section #> <path>
#
Requests = 0 1 /Requests/*
Default = 0 *
I have read the syntax and looked at some samples a million times but I still dont get it

What i want to achieve is exactly what the text/documentation says, 'send files into your request dir, but at the same time stats will not be counted in that section'...

I know how the first part works, site change <user> ratio 0 1, the 0 being leech and the 1 being the section. i.e.

HTML Code:
Games = 1 /Games/*
Default = 0 *
This would set leech for <user> in section 1(Games). So i know that much...... now to the stats part and the second syntax, <alias> = <credit section #> <stats section #> <path>
This is the part where im stuck at.

example (same as before but we add a request and speed section):

HTML Code:
Speed = 0 2 /Speed/*
Request = 0 1 /Request/*
Games = 1 /Games/*
Default = 0 *
So this would mean that stats will not be counted in Speeds and Request????? And do I have to give some site command to enabled this like I did with site change <user> ratio 0 1????

I think its been a couple of years now since my first io installation and i still havent been able to figure out this part lol Please help a brother in need pz!
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #2
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

site change ... ratio takes two arguments: the actual ratio, and (optionally) the CREDIT section number. ratio and STATS section numbers are unrelated.

With the code posted above, uploading in Speed or Request dirs will give credits for section 0 (your default section) and stats for section 1 and 2.

"site stats allup section 0" or "site stats allup" when in any directory but Speed, Requests, or Games, will give you the allup stats for your users, not counting uploads in Games, Speed or Request dirs.

You probably don't want to give users credits for uploading Speed Tests, so I suggest using 2+ for the credits section # for it...
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 AM   #3
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

Thanks for replying.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it after doing some more experimenting.

One question though;

is Default = 0 * equivalent to Default = 0 0 *? If so, would it break ioBanana if you changed it to i.e. Default = 0 1 *? Because I have seen it use the SITE STATS command for calculating quotas and what not in ioBanana.tcl. Thanks
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #4
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

0 = 0 0 yes.

Changing it to 0 1 will indeed make ioBanana not see those stats, unless it has a config option to specify which section(s) you want to use for stats.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
default, part, request, section, stats

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: