Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default _panic_: weekly status: comments

this thread is for comments about my wk0 status report.
_panic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
esmandil
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
i'm particularly annoyed at the 4k+.ioFTPD bug, so i might go hunting for that to settle into the code (after writing the UserModule docs).
Sounds like a good idea to me

I think I recall d1 once saying the problem with 4k+ .ioftpd was in the reader... they overflowed some buffer and the bigger one was being allocated but never assigned to proper variable... or something like this I may be wrong, however.
esmandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

darkone posted about the 4KB bug, although the alleged patch was never released.

http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13369

If you don't mind me asking, which version of the code base are you working off of, panic? Beta-5.8.5 or the code last committed in by darkone (assuming IniCom uses some form of source control)?
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxed
darkone posted about the 4KB bug, although the alleged patch was never released.

http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13369

If you don't mind me asking, which version of the code base are you working off of, panic? Beta-5.8.5 or the code last committed in by darkone (assuming IniCom uses some form of source control)?
i have both the beta-5.8.5 as well as the 1.0 stuff darkone was working on. the "beta" is in much better shape, and *far* more complete, so that is our codebase going forward.

i've been cleaning it up, and will be rolling the stuff from 1.0 into it eventually, but 1.0 wasn't far enough along to actually begin using it.

heh, and that bug sounds trivial. i'll check the code later tonight/tomorrow, it might be fixed but not released. we'll see.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #5
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default _panic_: wk2 status: comments

i've written a new status report for week 3. comments appreciated.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
JoC
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Not easy to comment when we got nothing new to test.
But do you think it would be possible to release a new .exe with the 4kb fixed,once u got it to compile probebly.
JoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #7
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoC
Not easy to comment when we got nothing new to test.
But do you think it would be possible to release a new .exe with the 4kb fixed,once u got it to compile probebly.
that is a good idea. i'll put out a new release as soon as i figure out why |CertFindCertificateInStore| is failing.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:04 AM   #8
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Actually, I would rather wait until you consider it to be at least as stable as the current beta.
If you need alpha versions to achieve that, I would be happy to test a few things.

Good luck.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:03 AM   #9
esmandil
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Actually, I would rather wait until you consider it to be at least as stable as the current beta.
From what I understood, _panic_ is trying to compile the current beta... So it should be about as stable as that
esmandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Of course.. once darkone's development environment will have been completely reproduced (libraries and such), which isn't the case. From what I've read so far, it looks like _panic_ has made great progress but still misses a few things.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #11
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
Of course.. once darkone's development environment will have been completely reproduced (libraries and such), which isn't the case. From what I've read so far, it looks like _panic_ has made great progress but still misses a few things.
yes. i'm actually downloading now every snapshot of ioftpd d1 ever created. i think the snapshot i was working with (something post 0.5.82u) has some unfinished code that is causing my current problem, so i'm going to back up a few snapshots and find the latest actually working version of ioftpd.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #12
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default _panic_: wk3 status: comments

i've written a new status report for week 4. comments encouraged.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

I'm speachless. Been such a long time since downloading the latest io beta version to start bug-hunting it. This time it's even more exiting since we've got the final version on the way
peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #14
Mr_X
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

nice to see that you made ioftpd compiling.
It's more an idea than a comment but I see lots of user that don't know why ioftpd doesn't start.
Even in logs, there's nothing. Sometimes, it's missing files, sometimes a ] or [ is missing in ini, and so on...
Could you add some messages about errors that makes ioftpd don't start (for the next release, do important things first).
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #15
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

work on getting a 4k+ bug fixed 5.8.5r/4u out panic, this will keep a lot of people happy, including myself

Tags
comments, report, status, weekly, wk0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: