Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #121
oslike

every bug is a missing feature
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #122
iXi
ioFTPD Foundation User

i think a FXPABLE FTPD without working site2site ssl... is sensless... and we all know what d1 ioFTPD made for...
iXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #123
oslike

omg, i just read that _panic_ is starting full time at iniCom.

guys you know what that means?

That means that the deam of SSLfxp with ioftpd might become reality....soon , lol !!!
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #124
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

keep your panties on man
Old 02-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #125
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default new status report

i've written a new status report. comments encouraged.
_panic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #126
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

It's nice to see you getting into this new job. Best wishes.

You said you've just configured revision control systems and wikis. I wonder what RCS you have finally chosen. You mentionned darcs a while ago but I don't think it fits corporate use.
Also, will these be completely internal systems or may we expect to see parts of them (and maybe contribute to them) in the future? For example, you could use the versionning system to make code samples available (like modules). Having a public and official wiki could also improve the quantity and the quality of the documentation faster. It would probably have to be moderated though.

Talking about blogs, I guess these will be public. It might be easier to publish development status and new ideas than using the forums.

We finally have a full time developer working on ioFTPD again. Now please let us now what we can expect from all these new tools.

Looking forward to seeing you soon in #ioftpd.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #127
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

you seem to eat a lot of free food panic :P
Old 02-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #128
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
You said you've just configured revision control systems and wikis. I wonder what RCS you have finally chosen. You mentionned darcs a while ago but I don't think it fits corporate use.
Also, will these be completely internal systems or may we expect to see parts of them (and maybe contribute to them) in the future? For example, you could use the versionning system to make code samples available (like modules). Having a public and official wiki could also improve the quantity and the quality of the documentation faster. It would probably have to be moderated though.
i'm a huge believer in architecture s of participation. i'm trying to get my partner's in crime (one of the code words i use to describe the management team here, myself included) to open up ports on our firewall, but i think i'd do better with just a whole machine connected to the interweb.

at any rate, i love the forums, but we need to deploy tools beyond the forums for certain of our problems, particularly the ones you mention.

as far as revision control, darcs still provides a great deal of utility for us, as i'm the sole dev here in the office. everyone else is remote. what has changed is that i have a central location available to push and pull from. this might change the system we are using, but i never choose anything on the basis of whether it is corporate or not.

Quote:
Talking about blogs, I guess these will be public. It might be easier to publish development status and new ideas than using the forums.
the forums aren't going anywhere, certainly. i'm not sure what the best mechanism going forward will be to publish status updates. whichever one winds up working will be the one we use.

right now, all of what i'm doing is internal systems stuff. some things just have to stay internal, and i don't have to focus as much on security and authentication with our internal systems. these systems will migrate out and have public components, for reasons i mention above. honestly, i'd like as much to be public and open as we can possibly get. i'm not sure where this balance is yet, but i'm going to err on the side of openness.

Quote:
We finally have a full time developer working on ioFTPD again. Now please let us now what we can expect from all these new tools.

Looking forward to seeing you soon in #ioftpd.
you can expect me to be more productive, for the short term loss of needing time to tweak these things and get them working. when i find i need a tool, i've been going off and getting it set up. sometimes this takes all of a day or more, but then i start using it and feel much better and more productive.

so for the short term expect something that looks a lot like nothing. :/
Old 02-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #129
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff
you seem to eat a lot of free food panic :P
haha!

i consider myself a professional forager. no food tastes as good as free food. there is so much food around it's pretty easy to make an art out of it *without* taking advantage of people's kindness.

and since everyone here knows i like free food and good beer, they bribe me with it.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:38 AM   #130
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

I hardly wait to get that ioFTPD 1.0 .... in summer 2020 .... this is getting redicilous ... i hope u noticed that.
godlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:10 AM   #131
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlike
I hardly wait to get that ioFTPD 1.0 .... in summer 2020 .... this is getting redicilous ... i hope u noticed that.
did u actually read the entire thread? :/
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #132
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yes i did. But did you actualy read the first page when u get greeted on inicom.

Quote:
Product Announcement!!! ioFTPD V1.0 Final is in its final stages of completion. More than a year in the making, ioFTPD V1.0 Final is... (read on for more)
I think this is a good 1st april joke for a long time.
And its nice from you _panic_ to write what u do in free time etc. But the fact is i didnt pay for that i payed for ioFTPD so i dont care if you eat melten or frozen ice cream in free time

... was just my free opinion ... dont hate me for that ...
godlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #133
aktizol
FlashFXP Registered User

i am not a foundation user, but i totally agree with godlike.

it's really funny that most of the time, your discussions concern _panic's_ vacations and how much fun he has in his private life ;-)

i thought this was a forum for technical discussion and announcements about ioFTPD.

but it's everything else than that.
aktizol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:00 AM   #134
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Steady on guys.
The forums have always also been a friendly place where like minded individuals have a chat as well as technical discussion / support.
At the moment _panic_ is settling in so has little technical info to provide but is posting updates anyways with what he can, even if personal, partially to fimiliarise himself with people, partially to make sure its not forgotten. Which is in the spirit if what the place is about.
I agree 100% that statement was made way too early and as become a bit of a joke, but thats iniCOMs fault not panics, remember hes only newly come onboard and give the guy a break.
Having a go aint gunna change the fact that iniCOM went so long without organising anything, the only thing it will change is panic's friendly positive attitude.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #135
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Oh, n by the way, gald you enjoyed your break, would have loved to have seen parc myself.
The institute Apple stole its GUI from before accusing Windows of stealing their GUI
+ of course many other contributions to modern computing.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, report, status, weekly, wk0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: