Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #91
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

_panic_

little while since we heard from you, made any progress with the site command/del bugs?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #92
JoC
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

hmm, ioFTPD without developer again or _panic_ just being a bad boy and going on vaccation without letting us know?`
JoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #93
oslike

no, he is just visiting darkone for a while
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #94
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

They're prolly both busy making arrangements for the funeral of the ioFTPD project.
iniCom don't seem to have the best organisational skills. There shoulda been a team of paid developpers in on this from day 1 of taking over. Not wait until d1 has been gone for 4 months then look for a friend who can volunteer a bit of spare time.
Not to menation every time they promise something they have more timeslips that m$.
The future of io aint looking too rosie.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:24 AM   #95
mr_F
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

thanks for deleting my post admin(s).
great to know that a completely fair and honest post gets removed. I was suggesting an idea, and a dissatisfaction with my investment. and in return, my opinion gets abolished as if i am not even entitled to express it.
mr_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #96
oslike

oh they deleted your post with the suggestion to make ioftpd OPEN SOURCE ? I think they just moved it ...
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #97
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Yup, they did
http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16134
Old 01-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #98
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

i think we should report _panic_ as a missing person - been quite a while since there was any updates
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #99
JoC
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpo
i think we should report _panic_ as a missing person - been quite a while since there was any updates
http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthre...700#post127700
JoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #100
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

over a week ago, i did see it b4 i posted
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 AM   #101
helenoksen
ioFTPD Foundation User

hold your ponys.

the man is doing the best he can
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #102
Linkster
Administrator

Yes, please hold your ponies. Good things are in store. Look for a post from _panic_ very soon.
Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #103
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Hehe. Will be interesting to see how long your definition of "very soon" is after seeing the iniCom definitions of soon, shortly and next week.
Working in customer services myself I gotta say you really need to learn the customer services motto of under promise and over deliver, otherwise you have this situation where people have little faith in what you say.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #104
PNC

hehe.. your right.. the words "very soon" or "nears completion" has been used very often... "nears completion" has been used for more then 8 month hehe... I hope not that this product ends like Radmin.. I'm just asking, why inicom is not working with deadline? like giving a deadline that ioFTPD 1.0 must be completed??? full function??.. and if not, why not??
PNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:43 AM   #105
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

And then what ? release it when we meet the deadline even if it's not completely ready... or change the deadline every few months...
Far too many pieces of software are like that. I'd rather wait a few months (years ?) more, go through more beta stages than having a buggy product that was released on time. I can't remember how long we had to wait for almost all Blizzard games.

However, I must admit that they made some communication errors about this product and the release of v1.0.

I heard _panic_ had real life problems he had to deal with before coming back. Some very interesting ideas were mentionned in these forums: complete documentation and code skeleton for the modules, revision control system (who knows how many developers will work on ioFTPD in the future), unit tests, etc. I believe they are all in the pipeline and will be announced when they're ready (just my 2 cents).
We can't plan problems/downtimes so I'll live with them and make a list of bugs/requests I would like to see implemented and send it to _panic_ when he'll be back.

Also, it would be great to be able to chat with _panic_ (or the other members of the dev team, if any) from time to time. Maybe he doesn't like irc but something like a monthly bugday would be great.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, report, status, weekly, wk0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: