Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #61
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Default _panic_: wk8 status: comments

this thread is for comments about my wk8 status report.
_panic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #62
iXi
ioFTPD Foundation User

still waiting for a site to site SSL ioFTPD version because allmost all glftpd sites requires s2s ssl fxp connections.. for up/down..
iXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #63
hankeyman
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolucker
still waiting for a site to site SSL ioFTPD version because allmost all glftpd sites requires s2s ssl fxp connections.. for up/down..
Uhm, i may be wrong, but when i remember correct, the problem wasnt glftpd<->ioftpd but ioftpd<->ioftpd ... right?
hankeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #64
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Thats about the gist of it.
ioFTPD will work with SSL site to site transfers. The issue is it is unable to initiate site to site transfers.
When using with glFTPD just use alternate transfer method and gl will initiate the SSL transfer.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #65
oslike

isnt there a week report missing? the 9th one?
oslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:49 AM   #66
Pheidias
ioFTPD Foundation User

5.8.6r doesn't work with iogui2. Sorry to say
Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #67
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslike
isnt there a week report missing? the 9th one?
yep. we're missing two, actually. my bad. i'll have one out this week with an explanation...
Old 12-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #68
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheidias
5.8.6r doesn't work with iogui2. Sorry to say
can you explain in what way it doesn't work? this message doesn't give me much to go on. a fuller description of exactly why these aren't working together would help me figure it out.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:03 AM   #69
Pheidias
ioFTPD Foundation User

ok iogui can connect and such but the rest isn't there, such as activity user info group info, they are just blank. So the only things that work are the browser and the console window. And the console window will crash ioftpd if you try to issue a command. If you atleast could make the activity work again it would be nice. It's a good way to check who is on the ftp and what they are doing. Hope this info helps in some way.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #70
ADDiCT
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

I doubt panic would get his hands dirty on ioGui Pheidias, are u using the .exe ioGuiExt or the .itcl script? (I would recommend the script version)
ADDiCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:08 AM   #71
Pheidias
ioFTPD Foundation User

Ok panic their wasn't any problems between them(I was the screw up), with the exe atleast with the itcl it crashes all the time but I don't use that anyways. Sorry if I took anytime away from more important stuff
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #72
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDiCT
I doubt panic would get his hands dirty on ioGui Pheidias, are u using the .exe ioGuiExt or the .itcl script? (I would recommend the script version)
right, i meant "me" in the "royal we" sense.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #73
ACiD
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

I'm not trying to be pushy but do you think that we could get a new version with that fixed in it now. Seeing as that is not just a bug fix or feature request but a fix to a Security Vulnerabilty. Which i feel makes it alot more important.

Personally i feel that this should have been patched as soon as it was discovered which obviously didn't happen. <-- understatement

anyways Panic i know its not your fualt so i don't blame you but your the only person that has access to the source and is actively coding so you are all we got right now.

I thought my 30 bux would buy me more than just volunteers, but i guess i was wrong.

Oh and if "IniCom" switches to a subscription based business model for io they better do alot more ALOT more than they are doing now for the future of this program or else you will see that little title(ioFTPD Pro Foundation User) under my Nick disapear
ACiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #74
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiD
I'm not trying to be pushy but do you think that we could get a new version with that fixed in it now. Seeing as that is not just a bug fix or feature request but a fix to a Security Vulnerabilty. Which i feel makes it alot more important.

Personally i feel that this should have been patched as soon as it was discovered which obviously didn't happen. <-- understatement
i'm sorry, what is "that fixed" referring to in this sentence? are you talking about site to site ssl or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiD
anyways Panic i know its not your fualt so i don't blame you but your the only person that has access to the source and is actively coding so you are all we got right now.

I thought my 30 bux would buy me more than just volunteers, but i guess i was wrong.

Oh and if "IniCom" switches to a subscription based business model for io they better do alot more ALOT more than they are doing now for the future of this program or else you will see that little title(ioFTPD Pro Foundation User) under my Nick disapear
that's all right, i didn't think i'd have to deal with whiney users who thought making threats was a good way to get what they wanted. since neither of us is getting what we expected, why don't we start with a clean slate and move forward with what we've got? please try making your request again in a way where i'll be able to spend more time coding and less time dealing with these kinds of remarks.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #75
ACiD
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

ok you made me look retarded. :P

sorry for not clarifying what i was talking about, i am speaking in regards to the fix to the login error messages saying different things depending on if its a wrong username or password the client supplies.

and as far as the "threat" comment goes, it's not a threat so much as it's feedback because ultimately i would like to see this project succeed and become the best FTP Server on ANY platform. But, I am just voicing my opinion because i know the important ppl are around here somewhere (Linkster, and whoever else) and they will hopefully see this. They can try and predict what their customers are thinking all day long but if enough ppl share their opinion on the current status of this project and the Rumor that is going around about the subscription service, then inicom will know what their customers think of the situation.

However this is the wrong place for this discussion and i realize that so....

My question is "Can we have a new version with the login error message vulnerability fixed now?"
ACiD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, report, status, weekly, wk0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: