Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports If you discover any bugs that we are not aware of, please post it here so it may be corrected.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:50 PM   #1
Capone

Default Crash, users still RETR files?!

I'm having ioFTPD 5.0.13 randomly crash, without any type of dialog box stating a crash has occured. It just stops responding on the port and when you move the mouse over the icon it disappears.

I run iobanana 18 and ioa 0.8.1, this has happend on both XP and Win2K(SP4).

Also, when one of these crashes occurs, sites i'm fxping from don't allow me to intiate new xfers for a while(max download limit), as if the xfer that was going when it crashed continues to go. I dont know if thats related to ioftpd.

One more, on the XP box i had it crash one time and the users that were connected when it crashed remained connected to the ftp and continued to download, and could RETR new files.
The reason i know this is because i spoke to one of them while it happend. I have a program called netlimiter which allows me to see how much bandwidth each process on the box uses. Under ioftpd i seen two seperate threads, the first was the crashed ioftpd(still transfering data) and the second was the newly restarted one with no data transferring. And i don't know if this is related at all, but i've noticed that each time you stop ioftpd and restart, the old thread in netlimiter under ioftpd remains and a next one is created. So if you do that ten times, you have 10 threads.. when you restart other programs that use the internet this does not happen, the old thread disappears and a new one is made.. i dont know if that has to do with ioftpd. If you are confused download www.netlimiter.com and you will see what i mean.
Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:54 AM   #2
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Problems are not likely to be related to each other.. I would suggest you to run io without any scripts for a while (& see if it crashes then) - if it does, try to isolate the problem... (what users are doing when it crashes, etc)
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:21 AM   #3
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

I noticed in my coding that it is quite possible to have a script crash io exactly as described so likely it is a script indeed.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:22 AM   #4
Caleb

I have also seen this bug happen.

don't know how to reproduce it though.

I was deleting some files that were still used by ppl and then i couldn't upload..
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #5
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Re: Crash, users still RETR files?!

This is most likely fixed in 5.1..
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
box, crash, download, ftp, ioftpd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: