Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports If you discover any bugs that we are not aware of, please post it here so it may be corrected.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:23 AM   #1
Monkie

Default Odd problem...

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an odd problem. sometimes a user logs in for instance twice. He is entiteld to log in 3 times and logs in another time, he logs out with these account but the server still sees him as logged in. For some reason he doesn't timeout either.

So i kick his connect clearing his 3 places. The who shows he is no longer logged in. When this person reconnect the doesn't even get to the USER or PASS part. He just gets Connection Timed out.

It works for everyone besides this user, after restarting the server it works fine again. I've had this with 3 diffrent users so far and everytime it was fixed again after a restart. The ioFTPD.log, Error.log and ioBanana_error.txt show nothing.

I'm using latest version of ioFTPD and ioBanana 12b + ioA (latest version). Non are showing any bugs, i've tried to clear the Cache but this didn't help as well, i'm really clueless on what might be causing this. Deleting the user account and readding it under a diffrent name doesn't seem to work either. Its as if the IP of the user is somehow 'banned'.

Anyone have any clue?
Monkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

A) It could be script that is blocking user from being logged out properly
B) Unregistered version of io might have similar ghosts, as it does not have any idle timeouts (however, in this case user can be kicked)
C) Dodgy firewall software/NIC drivers (Remove firewall, if any & update drivers)
D) Not enough IO threads to serve current users could cause connection to block infnitely (In current core one IO thread can serve up-to 63simultanous connections.. upcoming core removes this limit & loads between threads are balanced equally)

.. There are some other possible reason for this as well .. Does user get hello message from server?
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:07 AM   #3
Monkie

I'll look at the logout part maybe some script is screwing this up for some reason.

The user doesn't get any hello or anything.

Just
Connecting to xxxxx
Connected to xxxxx-> IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PORT=xxxx
Connection failed (Connection timed out)

But ONLY the user gets it that had problems with loging out. Every other user can connect just fine, restarting ioFTPD fixes this.
Monkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logged, logs, server, user, works

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: