Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports If you discover any bugs that we are not aware of, please post it here so it may be corrected.

Old 12-05-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
CrossFire

Exclamation I think i’m found 2 new bug’s in ioFTPD 3-7-0

I think i’m found 2 new bug’s the first is in the default user becouse when i modify puting the flags Ff for the users whitout permision for do FXP they can see the folder private and they can’t be do cuz i¡have a older version intall in mi pc and the users whitout acces to FXP they have flags and they can´t see the folder private , for mi is a big trouble cuz y do a link from the folder ioFTP inside the folder private and this meen any user can enter to this folder , if i clear the flags Ff then they don’t see the folder private but they can do FXP ...is that a bug?

The another posible bug is a problem whit thave he group of user at creat a defect count for user, the progran put the users inside the ioftpd group and at modify the default user and specify a group for the comun users the program still put the useres inside the group ioftpd and after the group in especific and no way to create a count of useres the program still put in this group the only solution i found is the manual modification of the count but in the older version this don’t need do becouse at specify the gropu in the dafault user and at create acount of user automatic they add in this group , i hope you can fix soon this bug becouse this is a great server FTP is a monster... sorry mi english is not too good but y try mi best..,
CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:26 PM   #2
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

I don't really know much about the first problem as I have not tried the 'F' or 'f' flags..

But I think I can help you with the "add user to group" thing..

I do not think the best way to add user to a specific group is to modify the default.user, instead you should use the following command:

site gadduser <group> <user name> <password> <Ident@IP>

...to add a user to a specific group.

Maybe it is supposed to work adding user to specific group by modifying default.user but ioFTPD defaults to add user to same group as the account adding the user is in. So if you are logged in with an account that is in the group ioFTPD (and you do not use the gadduser command) the new user automatically gets added to the same group.. in this case ioFTPD.

/Zer0Racer
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #3
carlos

hmm, it was not add the option to edit the files in a common text program?
both ways should work..hmm

carlos
carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:19 AM   #4
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Re: I think i’m found 2 new bug’s in ioFTPD 3-7-0

Quote:
Originally posted by CrossFire
I think i’m found 2 new bug’s the first is in the default user becouse when i modify puting the flags Ff for the users whitout permision for do FXP they can see the folder private and they can’t be do cuz i¡have a older version intall in mi pc and the users whitout acces to FXP they have flags and they can´t see the folder private , for mi is a big trouble cuz y do a link from the folder ioFTP inside the folder private and this meen any user can enter to this folder , if i clear the flags Ff then they don’t see the folder private but they can do FXP ...is that a bug?

The another posible bug is a problem whit thave he group of user at creat a defect count for user, the progran put the users inside the ioftpd group and at modify the default user and specify a group for the comun users the program still put the useres inside the group ioftpd and after the group in especific and no way to create a count of useres the program still put in this group the only solution i found is the manual modification of the count but in the older version this don’t need do becouse at specify the gropu in the dafault user and at create acount of user automatic they add in this group , i hope you can fix soon this bug becouse this is a great server FTP is a monster... sorry mi english is not too good but y try mi best..,
Use 'SITE GADDUSER'
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:21 AM   #5
CrossFire

Question and that I do with flags?

thanks for everything but nobody to even responded the problem to me of flags??

now it will use 'SITE GADDUSER' thanks darkone and Zer0Racer
Old 12-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #6
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Flags are not the problem, private path algorithm seems to be broken - again.. i'm rewriting it as soon as possible (and it will be working in next release [mon-tue])
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:51 PM   #7
CrossFire

Talking ok

thank you very much to give us this demon

viva chile mierda

Tags
folder, ftp, fxp, group, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: