Old 02-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
dragon88

Default FlashFXP is Pirated!!!

Hey Guys,

I hate to see this happen since I'm a software developer too, you guys are getting ripped off: this site is posting your software to download for free:

<<url removed>>

You should stop it and give them what they deserve.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:18 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

there is not much civilized world can do about software piracy in china.
they don't know concepts of right or wrong
Old 02-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #3
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Mxxcon, you're right but I fear that's a global problem.

China may be one of the most important countries where piracy is something 'normal' but nowadays piracy is well-established in all the world (America, Europe, Asia ...). For example, the vast majority of 'warez warehouses' (FTPs) are in Usa and Europe. China may have the 'monopoly' of www warez.

With the actual software protections and laws, one company (or one developer) can't do much to stop piracy. In my opinion it's more an education problem than a legal one.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

the reason i mentioned china was becuase dragon88's link was to some chinese warez site which actually had screenshots with installation instructions to a fully translated version..all menus, all options, etc...
Old 02-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
dragon88

If you don't do anything about this, if you don't even put them on notice by at the minimum sending them a legal letter or notice, you've basically given up your rights.

Software piracy is a global issue, not only in China. The sad thing is that too many people have already given up mentally, thus feeding the problem-- the pirates know that and that's exactly why they continue to do this without remorse or any trace of worries.

This particular case is extra flagrant because the pirated version is posted on a regular web site (not a "warez" site) frequented by regular end-users, who would not even know or suspect the authenticity of the software offering.

Shouldn't you at least try to put them on notice?

This is just so sad...
Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #6
NathanO
FlashFXP Registered User

The horses bolted a very long time ago. There is no rounding them up.

It is a waste of resources and Inicom would need to employ an army to chase the pirates up and write legal letters, full time.

There are better, easier and lateral ways.

What you can do is support the people that actually pay for the work. That is where the value of paying for this particular software lay.

It depends on the Developer of course, but when you pay and get more than just a software program, that provides incentive.

Believe me, this software is well worth the payment for the creation, maintenance and support of the program and the community that has grown around it.

Just think of it as free advertising. The people that do just leech and don't care are not really the kind of customers I would want to associate with anyway.

They drop in every now and then, but you can spot them from a mile away.

And the extra bonus, the best bit, are the beta releases of course.

Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, free, guys, software