Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #1
DjDiabolik

Default Feature Request - Auto-Reload when editing a file on a FTP Server....

I have a Raspberry Pi2 reachable from FTP client........ i have install FLASHFXP (before that i use Filezilla) and there's already exist a very usefull feature (not present on Filezilla).

I need often to whats append to my Pi2 and i need ofter to read some log files.............. whit filezilla i need to redownload manually every x minutes for watching if the logs it's be changed but FlashFXP have a usefull "Active Changes" feature for help but apparently there's no way for set a auto-redownload or auto-reload the files after x minutes or it's better when the files it's changed on server.

I have set "NotePad++" for editing all file....... and Notepad++ have a usefull feature that ask to user to reload the files when the files has been changed. If you can add a auto-refresh for editing files i thinks it's a great solution...........

I don't know if i you can understand..... but i'm italian and i can't speak english not very well........... if we exist an international board how i can explain this feature request in my language i thinks there's a great solution

Thanks in advance.....
Old 05-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Active Edits is intended to compliment remote editing by automatically uploading changes when the user saves the local file.

What you're looking for is not the same. Log monitoring via FTP does not provide a very good solution and you would be better off using a ssh terminal and the tail -f <filename> command to monitor the log file in real-time.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
DjDiabolik

Yes.... i know the auto-upload when you edit.... infact if it's possible i have make a Feature Request
I'm sure filezilla on some version ago have some function to obtain similar feature..........
Closed Thread

Tags
feature, files, flashfxp, ftp, usefull