Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
info_60
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Adding a lot more functions to the explorer

I was thinking of replacing the windows explorer with the one built in flashfxp. Will the development put any time in developing that side of the software ? For example, if you can implement functions similair to ones that FreeCommander or TotalCommander have then FlashFXP would replace the explorer also.

Will we see that happening ?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello,

Can you please be specific as to what features you'd like to see, we're not going to clone an existing product but if you can suggest some specific features we may add them.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
info_60
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Hello,

Can you please be specific as to what features you'd like to see, we're not going to clone an existing product but if you can suggest some specific features we may add them.
Ok nice, Ill make a list of features that I think would grately enchance the "explorer" side of flashfxp. I'll make a list available in a few days.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
info_60
FlashFXP Registered User

I'll start by asking one thing at a time ;D
One of the most important function that I use everyday is to use a "quickfilter" for each windows.
This specific feature is present in FreeCommander where you have a small box for each windows and when you write in that box the program filters away all other files and cataloges in the "current" directory. It works "on the fly mode" so when you start typing it's starts filtering imediatly.

Here is 3 Screenshot of the function so that you can see what I mean exactly;

This shows where the boxes are where you fill out the name or partial name you want to filter. Again this works on the fly so as soon as you type it starts filtering, even if it is only one letter.

As soon as you start typing the windows changes color indicating that you are in on the fly filter mode. You also get an X over the filterbutton. You can remove the filter anytime you want by either deleting what you wrote in the box or press the X over the filter icon if you want to leave what you have written in the filter box.

And finally I filtered out the file that I wanted ;D

Is this function possible to implement in FlashFXP ?

If you want to test the function yourself you can download the program from http://www.freecommander.com/
Closed Thread

Tags
explorer, flashfxp, functions, implement, similair