Old 07-19-2005, 05:19 AM   #1
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Question What is the best way to add scripts?

A small question about the scripts section. Suppose I have a new version of one of my scripts. Suppose my script is stored as FTPLogger.zip and I now upload a new version also as FTPLogger.zip will the old one be overwritten or not?
Should I put the version number in the filename (extra work) to keep the old versions available? I know that in the old script section this had to be done.
Please advise us scripters of the best way to do this.
And if it has to be with version numbers I would suggest to make it so that it can be stored using a normal filename without overwriting an old one...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
Smoke
Ultimate Scripter

No, you dont need to append the version of the script to the filename, you can upload as many files with the same name as you want, they will not replace the old ones.
We store files with different filenames for each upload internally, and they will be sent to the end user with the original filename you uploaded.

Regards,
Old 07-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Thank you very much for telling me that, I am sure the other scripters also like to hear it..
Closed Thread

Tags
filename, script, scripts, upload, version