Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
trodas

Red face FlashFXP Sites.dat and passwords

I have a suggestion to include option to DISABLE the protection of passwords into the Sites.dat file.

Why? Because it is, most time, like "protecting the pass from myself" rather that safety precaution.

The case of unnecessary protected pass from the user theirself is mostly valid for home computers used by just one person, so there is no need for such troubles with passwords.

What trouble? Well... for example this:

Quote:
User=host
Pass=50CB79E86E9B51
...is entry for my public FTP, so I could give away the pass easily, it is "blbost", but in case the poor user lost/misplace generated pass from sites witch did NOT allow to change it (lame, but it happens), then user is in deep troubles - because of feature, that was mentioned to help protect the user in the first place

It just happen to me. I have a site, on witch is the pass entry like this one:

Quote:
Pass=054CFF7BD45FE62B63
But I have no damn idea what crazy passi this will be, I know it is a generated 8 char long crap, but I don't know how to get it from this cryptography.
If anyone (preferably a Flash FXP programmer) could help, decode and PM me it, then I will be extremly grateful for this help

It is from Flash FXP 1.4 build 800, in case someone need this info.

And no, I did NOT using such old version becaue it it cracked/crackable or something like this. I using it, because when I tried Flash FXP v2 lack of auto-resume feature the way it worked best for me. In the v1.4 it simply worked by a way, that is better for me, and it does what I want to be done. It is a bit complicated, so I try explain it as good, as I can. In v1.4, when you are DL files and connection is lost, you can then, when it kick back in choose the Resume All and get away of computer, because it WILL BE remembered. However in v2, this same "Resume All" is lost and witch each connection lost, you have to select the Resume All by hand, witch maked FlashFXP v2 useless for automatic downloading.
Yes, editing the If file exist resume rules is possible to get around this, but it is extremly unpractical, because this is just a editing options and what if I did not want the auto-resume next time and I want overwrite?
For these reasons (and no other flaw in v1.4 build 800, except for the icon (on W2k at least), but I can store the icon in separate file into the FlashFXP dir, so not a problem) I stick with v1.4 - oh, yep, it have a one fault. On W2k system it can't delete file on NTFS drive, but - that's a monir bug. On XP it works, but I hate XP overbloated crap, so...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You can't remove the encryption on the sites.dat but you can view all of your passwords inside of FlashFXP.

Preferences > Options Tab

[x] Reveal password when selecting password field
Old 06-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
trodas

Not in v1.4, sorry
But I try use the v3.2 to get my pass, thanks for the idea, let me try it out...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
trodas

Talking

bigstar - thanks a lot, I used the new v3.2 and it worked well for me! I got the pass
Hooray for that

But I immediatelly have another request - add option "use old menu icons", because the new ones are BIGGER and I lost (on 1024x768) 1,5 line from the bigger icons compared to the v1.4, so this is bad. Size of menus should NOT grow in any way.
And perhaps this is not only the icons, also the possibility to move them are likely responsible, so another option, like in IE - LOCK the menus - should be added to preserve space on display.

Now testing the AutoResume stuff... Whoa, at least this works well now! Congratulations fox fixing this one.

Now tell me, why FlashFXP v3.2 still, like v1.4, don't remember the positions of the "Name|Size|Type|Modified" list dividers. I, personally, did not desire any crazy way of look or something, however I want to get rid of the unnecessary horizontal (!) scroling thing in 1024x768, since I did not see why it should apear there and why FlashFXP lost the settings as soon, as I move to parent directory (v1.4 did not do it that soon, it lost the list dividers settings - position - on exit or lunch extrenal proggy only )

So, if this get fixed, the icons and toolbar lock could get materializes too (smaller icons is a must!) and someone implement this comparing suggestion:
http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=5848
...then I consider updating Perhaps v3.3 might satisfy me?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

geez dude
you come here with a 4year old version and send suggestions before even bothering to try new version
Old 06-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

v1.4 used a non-standard size icon and it was difficult to design icons at this size.. FlashFXP now uses 24x24.. You can always remove icons from the toolbar that you don't use by right clicking on the toolbar.

Did you turn off "auto size listview columns" in the Preferences?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
trodas

Wink

MxxCon - well, hell, errr... Call me ultra-conservative, when come to new programs and program updates
I know my 1.4 well and therefore I tend to stick with it. But it looks like that if the file comparsion stuff is already there in much better version, that I might be tempted to upgrade
Hey - after all it is a clear tribute to the FlashFXP developers, that Im satisfacted with their 4 years old product, nope?

bigstar:

Quote:
Did you turn off "auto size listview columns" in the Preferences?
Oh my god...! That did it, hoooray!
Thanks!!!

Sadly, the icons problem seems to remain unsolved forewer - unless FlashFXP allow user to create skin I would create the old skin and be happy, but looks like I will sadly have to accept the lost of the line and half...
Who says the size of icons are nonstandard? They are pretty nice for me
And when I do icons, I do then in Adobe Illustrator, so I can render them in ANY size later...

Anyway, removing the icons aren't a option, because it is not the X-space problem with them (that could be solved by removing some), it is the Y-space problem, defined by the icons bigger size AND another divider lines or something... Maybe it need, like IE, option to "lock the toolbar" in order to shrink it a little?

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, fxp, pass, user