Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 03-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
Jace

Default Uploading with command line (-put ?) and other cmd line options

The command line features of FlashFXP are pretty nice, just a few things that are missing and might be quite handy:
  • Uploading files, for example with a -put command (just like -get)
  • Options to overrule the current File Exists Rules. Right now it seems you'd have to change the File Exists Rules settings just to transfer something from the command line without user intervention? (I'm thinking of automatic / scheduled transfers, i.e. daily backups and such)
  • When specifying an address on the command line (i.e. FlashFXP ftp://ftp.mywebsite.com) it says "FlashFXP is already connected to a site, Please disconnect from the site and try again". But it's not connected to anything
    Same happens when specifying one of the site names from the site manager.
  • Because of this "already connected" error, I can't be sure if the following already works, but just in case: can you also use ftp://name:password@address.com style URL's on the command line? To use non-anonymous sites I mean.
I hope these suggestions will help improving FlashFXP even further... Thanks a lot!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Which version of FlashFXP are you using?

ftp://userass@hostort/path formatted urls are supported from the command line, Perhaps there is something wrong with your FlashFXP installation.

-put is currently not supported but we will take this into consideration for future releases.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #3
Jace

v3.0.2 build 1045
Downloaded it two days ago

By the way, the "already connected" issue doesn't only occur when using URLs with name+password, also with regular (anonymous) addresses.

Which brings me to another suggestion: could you make the "warning, already connected, please disconnect before..." warning optional? (not just when opening a site from the cmd line, but in general I mean)
I usually don't care that I'm still connected to a site when I click to connect to a new one
Old 03-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not quite sure whats going on, This error should never occur when executing FlashFXP with a site via the command line. I tested build 1045 several times and I was unable to reproduce the problem, You might want to re-install FlashFXP and see if that helps. Make sure you downloaded FlashFXP directly from our website. https://oss.azurewebsites.net
Old 03-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #5
Jace

Could be, yeah, I believe I did download it from some other site (download.com or something?)

Will try and take the latest version from your site instead, thanks!

Any chance of an "overrule Existing File rules" option getting added? (just something simple like "always overwrite" or "never overwrite" would be enough, doesn't matter if you can't control the rules as detailed as you can in the program itself)

Tags
command, connected, flashfxp, line, site