Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-10-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
dudex

Default A few suggestions..

Hi all,

I've been using FlashFXP for a long time now, and it was always my favorite. Lately UltraFXP/FTPRush have improved some really good features which FlashFXP does not have at all and I'm sure alot of users would like some of these as well:

1. (Custom) Hotkey support for commands such as transfer/stop/clear queue etc. (hotkey T for transfer etc.)

2. The option 'FXP 50 Times' which puts a transfering DIR into the queue until all files skip/[dest site is 100% (COMPLETE) - optional]

3. Auto-Events on server errors such as 421/530. In UltraFXP/FTPRush you can have the client auto-reconnect if the client received a 421 etc.

4. Only allow 1 .sfv for same dir / skip all sfv if more than one sfv in 1 dir.

5. Deny creation of a dir if parent directory is the same (prevent My.Copy.SVCD-BOO/CD1/CD1)

-dudex
Old 11-11-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
dudex

No one that would like any of these features?

I sure as hell would drop my FTPRush license and go back to FlashFXP if it has those features like probably alot of others too.
FFXP is one step behind.

-dudex
Old 11-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

flashfxp can already do #2

#4 and #5 sound too much warez-oriented

why would you need #3?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
dudex

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
flashfxp can already do #2

#4 and #5 sound too much warez-oriented

why would you need #3?
flashfxp can't do 50x fxp. unless you manually try to add a dir 50 times to the queue.

why would #4 and 5# sound too much warez-oriented?

I was only giving an example.

and #3, why not? for example if you upload a website to your ftp server and it times you out, your client would always reconnect.

-dudex
Old 11-11-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by dudex
flashfxp can't do 50x fxp. unless you manually try to add a dir 50 times to the queue.
well ya...otherwise how would you know that dir is complete..
Quote:
and #3, why not? for example if you upload a website to your ftp server and it times you out, your client would always reconnect.
flashfxp can already do that w/ transfer retry feature.
Quote:
why would #4 and 5# sound too much warez-oriented?
#4 how often during legit use do have multiple .sfv files in a dir? i'm sure it's a big problem when you are racing to spread your latest warez
how would flashfxp know which .sfv file to trasnfer and which to skip?
Old 11-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #6
dudex

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
well ya...otherwise how would you know that dir is complete..
flashfxp can already do that w/ transfer retry feature.
#4 how often during legit use do have multiple .sfv files in a dir? i'm sure it's a big problem when you are racing to spread your latest warez
how would flashfxp know which .sfv file to trasnfer and which to skip?
easy to know if it's complete. (all files skipped)
and optional a regexp to check for a *COMPLETE* dir.

#4 don't act dumb. secondly flashfxp can check if there's already 1 .sfv in it, not which. read: 1.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

4 and 5 are more server side things, you want this kind of behavior then write a site script to run on the ftpd's... as for the warez thing. Even IN warez related folders there should NOT be more than one sfv file, if there is then your 'racers' have f'd up.

And if you are in the 'CD1' folder why would you even try to create another 'CD1' folder.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:50 AM   #8
Tentacle
FlashFXP Registered User

even as i'm not using fxp for warez, those features would be cool

they are some of my common problems:

i'm running a image database, and when i update something i use flashFXP to upload the files
now if i upload a different version for the ftp deamon, or change some user settings, guess what happens
flashfxp times out, and it takes really long for it to notice & reconnect, even with auto reconnect when no data for x seconds

2nd: when there's a big game i need to spread my photos to several newspapers. because my home upload is capped @ 10kb /sec i am using fxp, but it's kinda annoying to connect to every target server once, put the files into queue
also, i need to let flashfxp open because it does all the files one after another
if it would start all fxp's at the same time, then the time loss due to waiting for servers to respond would be much less (because there are other transfers running while waiting for one server) and also i would not be forced to let flashfxp run

for the sfv thing: i seriously doubt someone will need this for real-life usage :P

but if we could get plugin support, that should be easy to do
Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #9
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

4 and 5 should be configured on the ftp server imo. Very easy with ioFTPD. At least 5. 4 sounds like job for zipscript, not client.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #10
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

1. There are already some hotkeys for the queue. Like e.g. CTRL+F, CTRL+R, CTRL+Z that will help you, once you get used to it, to control aspects of the queue mainly with hotkeys.

2. This options looks like complete bull**** to me, no kidding.

3. A good site has been configured to disconnect idle users, especially if an uncommon error has occured and the user stays idle. So today, this is mainly a server feature. If your site doesn't support it, tell their admin to use better software. Once you have been disconnected because of an error, FlashFXP can automatically reconnect and continue with the queue.

4. It's hilarious to have multiple .sfv files in one directory. If that happens, you should tell your warez friends to stop using .sfv generator scripts on their site. Maybe just stop using those lame sites at all

5. This is the only client-side feature request that looks ok to me However, it is so unimportant and the cause for these errors to happen is mainly lameness from the user side. People should learn how to transfer files, if they can't do it, again the better idea is to stop this lameness on server-side.

Not that I promote it, but if you are really into this warez kiddie crap, please stop using sites not properly configured. With a good site, most of the features that you requested are useless because the site does already the job for the client (take care of crap).

Tags
client, dir, flashfxp, fxp, hotkey