Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-10-2004, 03:08 AM   #1
Ascii

Default Some suggestions

A few suggestion I have:

1. Allow Explorer Menu to be displayed when right clicking an empty area of a Local browser and selecting "Explorer Menu.." or include "Paste" menu item of right click menu on an empty area of a Local browser.

2. Allow "View Raw Directory.." to display dirctory contents of the previous remote directory accessed when conection to remote location is discontinued.

3. Capitalize the 'b's of the mouseover texts of "Switch to Local browser" and "Switch to FTP browser".
Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Some suggestions

Quote:
2. Allow "View Raw Directory.." to display dirctory contents of the previous remote directory accessed when conection to remote location is discontinued.
It already does this...
Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
Ascii

Default Re: Re: Some suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by DayCuts

Quote:
It already does this...
FlashFXP 2.1 did point 2. FlashFXP 3.0 to the current do not. FlashFXP 3.0 to current will only show cotents of a remote directory when connected to the remote directory.

I am using FlashFXP 3.0.2 build 1045.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Are you sure? i am using 1045 also... i just maximized a flashfxp session i had open from earlier today, i had d/c both remote sites over 6 hours ago. Yet if i go to 'view raw directory' it will still show the contents of the last used (list 'ed) directory.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Ascii

I have not been able to do nuber 2 since verion 3.0. If you are able, pehaps a bug exists related to "View Raw Directory..".
Old 11-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Due to a change in FlashFXP it doesn't look like you can view the raw directory after disconnecting from the site. Perhaps this is something we can change.

I'm not quite sure how DayCuts was able to view the raw directory.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:07 PM   #7
Ascii

Thank you for the clarification bigstar.

A change would be great.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #8
Ascii

Please note suggestion 1 has been modified from

1. Allow Explorer Menu to be displayed when right clicking an empty area of a Local browser and selecting "Explorer Menu..".

to

1. Allow Explorer Menu to be displayed when right clicking an empty area of a Local browser and selecting "Explorer Menu.." or include "Paste" menu item of right click menu on an empty area of a Local browser.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #9
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Due to a change in FlashFXP it doesn't look like you can view the raw directory after disconnecting from the site. Perhaps this is something we can change.

I'm not quite sure how DayCuts was able to view the raw directory.
Hmm, strange indeed, is this something that is hard coded to clear it? or disable it?... because this works fine for me as it always has. Or could this be an os behavior? I am pretty sure i did a fresh install when the final of flashfxp 3 came out so i dont see why one would act differently than another unless it is somehow OS related.

ps. i have all directory cache related options disabled.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #10
Linkster
Administrator

...from bigstar....I took a second look at the code and the reason it works for you is because you have caching disabled. With caching enabled the raw directory isn't available. Apparently the security mod we made for caching doesn't affect it when not caching. We'll look into changing this behavior.

Tags
area, browser, ftp, local, menu