Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 AM   #1
bRaNcO

Default Better scheduling & better queue system & fxp thing

Ok, I need to every day from 1 to 7 AM to download some files off a ftp and right now I'm facing 3 problems:

a) I can make a schedule to the hours I want, but I have to repeat it everyday. You should have an option to repeat it automaticaly EVERY day.

b) There should be an option that would set that after each file from the queue is downloaded it would automaticaly write that info to the queue file, so when I use that queue again it won't start downloading the SAME files again

c) although i have set the option "on download fail repeat xxx times" it still won't work for my fxps

i hope i made myself clear
Old 10-13-2004, 07:06 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You can do this using windows schedule or any other external schedule.

Configure FlashFXP to load the queue from the command line and tell it to close on complete

i.e. FlashFXP.exe -c2 <queue file>

For more details on command line options please see the help file.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
bRaNcO

No, I need it to stop at 7 PM, so scheduling it with windows scheduler won't work

I could use an external program to open/close FlashFxp but it wouldn't serve as FlashFxp won't save my queue changes.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

At one time we had planned on adding a command line param "-savequeue" which would save the loaded queue on exit. I thought it had been added but it seems I was mistaken.

As for c) the current configuration only allows for retrying FTP transfers not FXP transfers. We plan on adding support to retry FXP transfers.

Are you a registered user? If so please send me a private message with your FlashFXP serial number. Your serial number is located in FlashFXP > Help > About
Old 10-13-2004, 07:37 PM   #5
bRaNcO

I'm still using the unregistered version
Old 12-28-2004, 07:18 AM   #6
fiscus
FlashFXP Registered User

My ISP has started to offer off-peak free downloads so I have started to use the scheduling function as well. Since I have started I have to agree with Branco's suggestions.....

1. It would be nice if schedule are remembered like queues. Ie. if you have set a schedule and have it minimised down in the taskbard, and you have to reboot for some reason, you need to re-create that schedule and set it up again, it would be nice if when you open up flashfxp it would ask you if you want to resume/re-setup that schedule.

2. An option to have schedule favourites/bookmarkts. My ISP offers off-peak free downloads so I am forever setting the same schedule on each transfer so it would be nice not having to type in each time the date/time/AM/PM/disconect/date/time/AM/PM/minimise, etc....

Hopefully you can look into this....

many Thanks.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
fiscus
FlashFXP Registered User

any chance of reviewing the schedule system - making it a bit more user friendly.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Windows schedule can provide you with a complete scheduling solution.

We do plan on improving the internal schedule (more than likely it will be a basic schedule that runs as an external program) at a later time but it will not be anywhere as advanced as the windows schedule.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:32 AM   #9
obg
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm not sure if it's worth making a new thread about so I figured I'd post in here, I think it's along the lines of what others are requesting here. I'd like to be able to delay the processing of a queue, mid-queue. There's a few FTPs I use that request you download only a certain amount of files before disconnecting and giving others a slot. I would like a way to queue up a large number, and be able to add a "delay" item to the queue so that FlashFXP would disconnect for a certain amount of time, before reconnecting and continuing with the queue (until the next "delay" item). This might be possible already with a combination of Windows Scheduler and multiple queues, I haven't looked into that yet, but with the length of queues I'd like to use and the variety of sizes of files and therefore connect times, I'm not sure how effective this would be.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:15 AM   #10
ejx982

Default Schedule Idea

I decided to append my comment to this thread as it seemed relevant.

I'm in need of a FTP Client that will automatically logon to a website (my webserver), then download all files from located then put them on my PC (in event of Webserver failured).

*or* I'd like a FTP program that would automatically being a Site to Site Transfer (FXP if I'm not mistaken) to backup all the data from Site #A to Site #B (two different webservers, two diff machiens as redudant backup).

I've read about allowing a "Queue" file to be saved, but for me I'm not sure this would be satisfactory as new files are being create all the time on my server. I need a complete backup.

In fact, I'd prefer a FXP from Site A to Site B actually.

Thank you,

ejx982

Forgot to mention I'm a unregistered user of v2.1 (FlashFXP). To perform the above funtions, do I need the registered version? For all I know this may be supported in v3.0
Old 02-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #11
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Schedule Idea

Quote:
Originally posted by ejx982
I've read about allowing a "Queue" file to be saved, but for me I'm not sure this would be satisfactory as new files are being create all the time on my server. I need a complete backup.
so just queue up parent dir.

Quote:
Forgot to mention I'm a unregistered user of v2.1 (FlashFXP).
you are still using v2.1 against license you agreed to?

Tags
download, ftp, option, queue, repeat