Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 08-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
thongsai

Default better xbox support

flashfxp is the best ftp i use for my xbox. but transferring a bunch of small files to and from the xbox is slow as hell.. a dashboard team came up with "boostmode" it really helps transfer small files.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=137059
has some info on boostmode and specs.. but u can prolly message one of the developers and they will gladly send the source for boostmode.
I know boostmode is not a normal ftp protocol but it would greatly help the people who use flashfxp for xbox.. thx for reading
Old 08-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

their approach to "boost mode" detection is really nonstandard.
instead of client sending "SITE BOOST SUPPORTED", server should reply with "SITE BOOST <whatever format>" for FEAT command during login.
in compliance with RFC 2389 that's the standard way of detecting extensions to ftp protocol.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
thongsai

like i said.. its non standard.. its prolly a waste of time for u guys to implement it, but if u can help a few people get faster transfers on thousands of small files, would you? i mean avalaunch is the only dashboard(xbox os) that supports it. and they only have 1 ftp program that works with it but it doesnt support folder transfer or individual files.. only supports iso to xbox feature.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
XiLiAN_2

Its been a few months since this discussion was running, but I can tell you that it still applies.

There are no working ftp clients besides their Qwix release wich still is lacking several features.

So please reconsider implementing the feature.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have been studying boost mode for a couple weeks now, I have talked with TJ from team avalaunch and the author of Qwix and file booster.

There are limitations and issues when using boost mode and I'm not sure if FlashFXP is ready to support boost mode.

I have not made a final decision yet.

Tags
boostmode, flashfxp, ftp, small, xbox