Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-30-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
dodowolf
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Reconnection below Speed Threshold

Due to some network problem (or rather Limitation or Restriction), my friend needs to reconnect to the particular server when the transferring rate is rather low after quite some time, so that he could regain the speed. (500KB/s->2KB/s--(upon reconnectnop)-->500KB/s).

Is there anyway to specifiy certain rules in future FlashFXP release to realize this functionality?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

IMHO this sort of "solutions" shouldn't make it into any program whatsoever. The problem you describe is of faulty network behaviour, so the solution doesn't lay in modified programs, but in setting up the network correctly.

Just my 2 cents..
Old 10-31-2005, 06:04 AM   #3
dodowolf
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Emm.. Not Faulty, but enforced strategy by ISP to control the bandwidth or what so ever. And the ISP just happends to be one of the largest ISPs in China. CNC.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

is that server also on CNC? so do you know if that isp is throttling connection becuase of too much downloads or too much uploads by that server?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
dodowolf
FlashFXP Beta Tester

According to statistics I have gathered so far, regardless the ISPs being used by various the severs, or different protocols, so long as a certain speed limit is passed, "The System" will automagically enforce throttle on the inbonud and (outbound?) of the client.

But this is ONLY a suggestion after all. And I am not sure whether the customers of this CNC ISP will sue the ISP, or the ISP is just DOING SOME TESTING for a period of time.

PS:
I will keep on an eye this issue which is started on a Chinese Forum, and they claim that later they would /or have already posted on FTPRush forum.

Tags
500kb/s-2kb/s--upon, flashfxp, reconnectnop--500kb/s, regain, speed