Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #16
voystar

Well if it's too hard doing a specific order in files it might be allright just putting everything random but transferred first. I think it would be better to specify (i like that word don't I) your own rankings of files... but if that's too much work bigstar just do it how u think it's the easiest and best!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:42 AM   #17
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yeah, I think getting it added like I said, and then later on thinking about the other order options. But its not really needed to get the priority queue going.

Add the simple easy (less confusing) way.. then see if the other way is really needed.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:45 PM   #18
jinxdone

This is what i suggested:

In theory that is.

copy filelist to temp

Compare filename1, if matches skiplist rule#1 skip instead of putting to queue and delete from temp list
Compare filename2, if matches skiplist rule#1 skip instead of putting to queue and delete from temp list

Compare filename1, if matches skiplist rule#2 skip instead of putting to queue and delete from temp list
Compare filename2, if matches skiplist rule#2 skip instead of putting to queue and delete from temp list

Compare filename1, if matches priority list rule#1 dump to queue and delete from temp list
Compare filename2, if matches priority list rule#1 dump to queue and delete from temp list

Compare filename1, if matches priority list rule#2 dump to queue and delete from temp list
Compare filename2, if matches priority list rule#2 dump to queue and delete from temp list

Put the rest of the files to queue

Im not talking about how efficent that would be, but its the theory of how it should work in my opinion..
Old 06-16-2002, 02:42 AM   #19
Fused

Your current method of simply "putting it first" ahead of everything else is entirely workable from a logcal point of view.

If you have an interface for a priority list, you start from the bottom and work your way up, this way your method still works and users can do what youre worried about (txt before html).

ie. I create a Queue First list in FlashFXP like this:
Sample
*.sfv
*.nfo

Now when you enter the directory you do the same thing you're doing for the .sfv right now, but start at the bottom and loop it. ie:
- your first job with the above list is to look for *.nfo, then you move them to the top.
- your second job is to look for *.sfv, then move them to the top
- and so on.

This way you end up with your higher priority files/fodlers (Sample in the example) being the LAST thing moved to the top before the queue starts transferring. And now everything is in order and everybody's happy!

This could be done with relative ease with an external utility modifying and reloading FQF files, so i would hope it's just as simple with an internal process. You create a temporary queue (but dont draw it in the queue list), perform the sorting ops on the file, and then load that into the queue.

It sounds like a long drawn out process but in reality it is a very fast thing to accomplish.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:42 PM   #20
codex666
FlashFXP Registered User

Just wondering Bigstar,

Do you have any idea when you have the time to work on this?
just curious...
Old 07-04-2002, 11:59 AM   #21
indomiti

Just send .sfv first and then the .nfo and then the rest, thats it.

Please implement it in 2.0 Final :-)
Old 07-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #22
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up

A list would be nice to order the files with masks. This list could be parsed when you enter each directory and get the ls -al result. Something like:
*.sfv
*.nfo
*.txt
*(all other files)

Maybe also a choice for all other files that has lower priority than this list. I can see six choices there:
Transfer smallest files first
Transfer largest files first
Transfer oldest files first
Transfer youngest files first
Transfer alphabetically ascending (a-ö)
Transfer alphabetically descending (ö-a)

Best regards
Raven
Old 07-28-2002, 05:03 AM   #23
Jesper

Lightbulb Im not sure that this will get me anywhere

To me it seems like BigStar wont add it, unless he finds an easy solution (which makes perfectly sence to me, as re-writing a larger portion of the code for 1 little feature is plain waste of time), and that he needs a good description on how it should be done, well here is my theory:

Add a new "Xfer Method" to the options tab, which brings up a dialog window "Files First" (with an "activate" button).

Coded in as priority 1 is *.SFV (ghosted out and cant be changed).
Then you add your priority list as
*.nfo priority 2
*.php priority 3
etc etc

Then you que your dirs/files:
Then you starts to transfer your que

Correct me if im wrong on this one
When FFXP enters a dir it checks for a SFV file, before it starts the transfer, and if its there, FFXP put that in top of que.

When it perform this check it should also check if the "Files First" is activated, if it is then re-sort the que (dir by dir, and if there is no dirs in the que then just sort files to put "Files First" on top) according to the method selected in the "Files First"
If the "Files First" is inactive then transfer as it does now.

Do I make any sence atall
Old 07-28-2002, 02:13 PM   #24
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: Im not sure that this will get me anywhere

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesper
Correct me if im wrong on this one
When FFXP enters a dir it checks for a SFV file, before it starts the transfer, and if its there, FFXP put that in top of que.

When it perform this check it should also check if the "Files First" is activated, if it is then re-sort the que (dir by dir, and if there is no dirs in the que then just sort files to put "Files First" on top) according to the method selected in the "Files First"
If the "Files First" is inactive then transfer as it does now.

Do I make any sence atall
Nope, it doesn't work like that.

There is a single loop thru the file listing, files are added to the queue starting at X, each file is appended, when a .sfv is encountered its inserted at X. thus becoming the first file transfered. It's very simple however this type of design does not allow for multiple priorities.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:32 PM   #25
Jesper

What im about to ask may sound lame

but when using Norton Speed Disk (disk defragmanter)
you can specify which files to place first, last etc etc

Wouldnt it be some kind of the same that FFXP needs to be able to download files according to a priority list ?

Edited from here

Or maybe its somehow possible to make a custom list/sort order in the FTP/Local tree windows where *.nfo is listed on top, that way it will always be #1 in que/transfer.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:04 PM   #26
NiTruS_2

Default Auto-Sort Queue

We just need the ability to queue by filesize,name,date..etc

biggest --> smallest
smallest --> biggest
a to z
z to a
1 to 10
10 to 1

and when everything is queued,the ability to click on column header to sort in actual queue?

ne1 else agree? understand?
Old 07-29-2002, 08:13 PM   #27
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I understand Nitrus, and its already on the list of things to do...

It also has nothing to do with this forum

Lets stick to the topic, thanks.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:03 PM   #28
StarBuG
FlashFXP Registered User

Hmmmm

It the user specified list isn´t possible at the moment then can u implement that the *.nfo file and a sample folder (including the sample of course!) are transfered first?

I think that would help 90% of all the people asking here!

Normaly it looks like:

Code:
Folder
  - cd1
     - *.sfv
     -  files
  - cd2
     -  *.sfv
     - files
  - sample
     - sample file
  - name.nfo

and it should be queued like:

Folder
 - name.nfo
 - sample
   - sample file
 - cd1
   - *.sfv
   - files
hope that makes it clear

Greetings

StarBuG
Old 08-04-2002, 06:46 PM   #29
melter

here are my 2 cents, if they are of any value..

it seems to me (from your posts, and from my experience) that it is usually the case the smallest files are wanted to be uploaded first.. that is .nfo or .m3u or .txt or whatever..

so surely, the simplest way of implementing this, would be to allow the queue window to be sorted by filesize..
Old 08-04-2002, 07:17 PM   #30
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

yes but the only problem with that ,is when some like myself want to download the .rar first (after the nfo, sfv etc), then go on as normal .rar00, .rar01, etc

Tags
achieve, feature, files, queue, work