Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-04-2001, 08:26 AM   #1
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Default Unwilling resizeing

Hey, bigstar,
You know windows is at the liberty of the quirks of DirectX, and I'm wondering.. Could you look into adding some backup-feature that would prevent DirectX from resizing the main window when it changes the screen resolution temporarily? I know, it probably should be its job to restore the windows to their former state, but it simply doesn't do that, and it annoys me. Heck, it even happens when ffxp is minimized.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I've looked into this several times in the past and was unable to come up with a solution.

From what I gather when you switch to a lower resolution all desktop applications are forced to the resolution (As it's not possible to create a window larger than the desktop.

FlashFXP isn't the only application the behaves like this, during my testing I noticed all the other programs were also effected.

If you can find me a solution or perhaps have some ideas, I will give them a try.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:28 AM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

okay, I have a few apps that restore themselves proper, so I'll see if I can make the time to do a lil' dis-assembly and spot what makes 'em tick., but.. sshh, don't tell.

Tags
directx, heck, job, restore, windows