Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-28-2002, 06:49 AM   #1
SubZero

Default LiveUpdate Beta versions..

Hey bigstar,

Why can't we LiveUpdate the beta versions also?

ie: put up a check box to receive the latest betas and so ppl has to check that box to get the newer beta versions?

i think that this is an easy thing to do for you
Old 05-28-2002, 08:04 AM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Correct me if im wrong bigstar..

Two reasons, first is not all users should play with beta versions (reasons I wont go in to) ..

Second, it is more updating/work for bigstar to be always be updating the liveupdate site/versions as well as the message board.

In any case however, if you have the energy to check the liveupdate, why not just check the message board
Old 05-28-2002, 09:04 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well that's a very good question. It could inform the user of the beta update but I would still make you come to the message board. I really don't want to take anything away from the message board. It's so nice for everyone to be able to come together as a whole. Being able to interact with beta testers has made my life so much easier.

.. You know what, We only have about 5 more builds to go until the final release. All of the planned features have been added. All known bugs have been resolved. There's just a few minor things left to do.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Version 2?
Old 05-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Maybe we don't know yet.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #6
SubZero

i myself generally take the update from the forum and then run away. check the forum irregularly or when i face problems.

it would be much more easier just to update the flashfxp bu checking a check box in the LiveUpdate to check for a new beta and if the user doesn't want to check/get new betas, then simply leave the check box alone (eg. unchecked) and get only the release vesions..

is it really some hard thing to do? i believe that currently the 308 new latest beta downloaders will just go to the forum when they want to learn something.. not just to download te update..!?

ps: note that there are ~600 readers per topic but only ~300 beta downloads... i personally do not believe that people won't come to the ffxp forums when they can do an automated beta upgrade..

Tags
beta, box, check, liveupdate, versions