Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 04-05-2002, 07:43 PM   #1
excidius

Lightbulb Please Add This

With some FTP Servers, they work fine, but then all of a sudden you get a: 550 CWD failed. No permission

this can be fixed if you have a checkbox in the options so that upon that 550 CWD failed. No permission, you will disconnect/reconnect, and transfer again..

and it should work!

this would make sure your queue finishes even if you're not around to catch this problem

- Thanx
Old 04-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
LittleFart

Talking

well i never had this "problem", cause i always only connect to serv-u and glftpd ftp servers , and these servers are fully supported by flashfxp... but i know what u mean, the "problem" is that flashfxp "only" supports standard server types, for example wsftp pro "knows" almost every server type and "autoselects the best commands"... this feature command is also available in cute ftp (pro), cute ftp checks on every connect for the features:

COMMAND:> FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood.
STATUS:> This site doesn't support the 'features' command.

this feature may only affect a few users, actually i dont mind of these missing features in flashfxp cause i never use them

i think the author (bigstar) of flashfxp kinda follows his own ideas, he tried to code the best fxp program in world, and we all know he did the best fxp program

programs like cute ftp, wsftp, leech ftp, smartftp etc aint good in fxp actions cause they do not offer the well known and well loved *g* features flashfxp offers.

Old 04-05-2002, 09:05 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: Please Add This

Quote:
Originally posted by excidius
With some FTP Servers, they work fine, but then all of a sudden you get a: 550 CWD failed. No permission

this can be fixed if you have a checkbox in the options so that upon that 550 CWD failed. No permission, you will disconnect/reconnect, and transfer again..

and it should work!

this would make sure your queue finishes even if you're not around to catch this problem

- Thanx
Well I'm not sure this is such a good idea, what if you're browsing a ftp site and come to a folder you don't have permission to access? It would disconnect and reconnect you for no reason.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleFart
well i never had this "problem", cause i always only connect to serv-u and glftpd ftp servers , and these servers are fully supported by flashfxp... but i know what u mean, the "problem" is that flashfxp "only" supports standard server types, for example wsftp pro "knows" almost every server type and "autoselects the best commands"... this feature command is also available in cute ftp (pro), cute ftp checks on every connect for the features:

COMMAND:> FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood.
STATUS:> This site doesn't support the 'features' command.

this feature may only affect a few users, actually i dont mind of these missing features in flashfxp cause i never use them

i think the author (bigstar) of flashfxp kinda follows his own ideas, he tried to code the best fxp program in world, and we all know he did the best fxp program

programs like cute ftp, wsftp, leech ftp, smartftp etc aint good in fxp actions cause they do not offer the well known and well loved *g* features flashfxp offers.

FEAT will be added once we get around to adding support for the extra features offered by FEAT.

Tags
550, cwd, failed, permission, work