Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 03-24-2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Psiphere

Default Fix Your Local Listing Function

Hey man, your program is awsome, it's one of the best clients I've ever used, I just have one huge issue with it and one small issue.

The huge one is your local listing function. When you send a file over to a server or update a file on the hard drive, it moves it to the bottom of the local list. It should just refresh the whole list so that all the items are still in alphabetical order cause it's pretty annoying if you're working on a file and everytime you go to save or upload it, it moves. Maybe you should just put an option in so that the user can have your program automatically refresh or they can refresh manually.

The small issue is... make your interface a little more customizeable, I'd really like to have the status window on the top above the remote/local and queue windows. That's how it is in most other FTP programs. You should just have an option to move it to top or bottom like you do with having the local/remote windows horizontal or vertical. Cool, that's all, keep up the good work and make those changes and I might just buy your program :P
Old 03-24-2002, 03:22 AM   #2
Psiphere

By the way, I know you can move the queue AND the status window to top or bottom, just separate them... that's all. So you can move one or both to the top or bottom.

Seen.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:01 AM   #3
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I think the files which were just transferred are at the bottom is a good idea. When you have a bunch of local files, at least you know which files have just been sent.... ah well, maybe as an option, but not a change.

For the second half, dont really understand what you want.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:20 AM   #4
Psiphere

Hey, I was searchin and kinda looks like the first option I requested is already there... my mistake... but anyway...

For the second thing I said, it's simple, just an option to have the 'status window' above all the other ones in the layout. Rather than moving the status windows AND the queue window. They shouldn't be attached to each other, you should be able to move one or the other or both.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:23 AM   #5
Psiphere

Hmmm.... well... the first option IS there.... but... it doesn't work... it still refreshes and moves the files down. :/

So yeah, make that option work correctly.

Oh! No it's only available for treeview... that's what it is... make it availalbe for the regular file list view too. And yes, an option, not actually 'change' it. Sorry for not being more clear
Old 03-24-2002, 05:24 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Psiphere
By the way, I know you can move the queue AND the status window to top or bottom, just separate them... that's all. So you can move one or both to the top or bottom.

Seen.
The layout has some limitations which make it not very flexiable, one them is the queue/status window can not be easily seperated.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:28 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: Fix Your Local Listing Function

Quote:
Originally posted by Psiphere
The huge one is your local listing function. When you send a file over to a server or update a file on the hard drive, it moves it to the bottom of the local list. It should just refresh the whole list so that all the items are still in alphabetical order cause it's pretty annoying if you're working on a file and everytime you go to save or upload it, it moves. Maybe you should just put an option in so that the user can have your program automatically refresh or they can refresh manually.
This is the intended behavior. We have considered an optional sort and it's on the to-do list, sooner or later I will get to it. don't get your hopes up though.. it's a huge list =)

Tags
file, issue, local, program, refresh