Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 02-28-2002, 05:32 AM   #1
appel

Default Preferences export ability

I spend hours and hours modifying Flash FXP to my needs, so why not having an option to export these preferences? This way i could easily back-up my Flash FXP Preferences!

yours truly
Old 02-28-2002, 07:24 AM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Preferences export ability

Quote:
Originally posted by appel
I spend hours and hours modifying Flash FXP to my needs, so why not having an option to export these preferences? This way i could easily back-up my Flash FXP Preferences!

yours truly

This has been requested a few times, it was on the consideration table.. but generally has never been implmented due to the fact that all you need to do for backup is save the .dat's & .ini's ...

Im sure the author will once again consider it, and we can wait for his reply. But thats the background to date.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:49 AM   #3
appel

Default a more 'honourable' solution

Thanks for you response.

Actually, saving the .dat & .ini files didn't cross my mind and is indeed a solution, but i'm sure you agree that having a menu-option to export preferences would be a more 'honourable' solution, and definately way easier for some of us.

appel
Old 02-28-2002, 08:14 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Perhaps, but what good are the preferences (ie. global ones) without any sites etc. All we really could use is a foot-note in the help-file about which files to keep and where they're at. I sense that a separate function to achieve the same from within the program might be even more confusing, simply because there'll be yet another file to deal with; You'd have to make sure it's up-to-date (unless you make it automated) and above all a readable copy.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:41 PM   #5
appel

Lightbulb a good thing

Quote:
Perhaps, but what good are the preferences (ie. global ones) without any sites etc.
I'm not sure what exporting preferences have to do with not having any sites (yet).

Quote:
I sense that a separate function to achieve the same from within the program might be even more confusing, simply because there'll be yet another file to deal with.
But isn't this about suggesting program options? User choices? Having this option wouldn't necessarily mean a user would have to use it, right?
I guess i can only speak for myself, but personally i'd love this option, especially since this program has so many preferences to cope with (which, ofcourse, is a good thing )!

Tags
export, flash, fxp, hours, preferences